Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Entering a keyless car when it has a flat battery.

ScaniaPBman

As the title says, when you return to your keyless car and find the battery flat, how do you get in to release the bonnet and access the battery?

Is there a concealed + & - socket somewhere?

Do you have to break into the vehicle external wiring harness somewhere and power the central locking solenoids from an external source?

For me this is an acedemic question since I only own cars with an old fashioned metal key and external keyhole, but on examining a recent Renault parked next to me yesterday there was no keyhole to be seen anywhere.

ScaniaPBman.

On fords there is a concealed driver's door lock barrel ,and key inside the remote fob

• Like 2

On the focus when remote battery is dead you remove cover on ign barrel to slot in key & then you press clutch & press push start engine button this key slots out of the remote as mention. Prize out cap with thin flat screwdriver to reveal ign barrel.
Yunii
35c1f91b373fe37724e92991bd75269e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Just now, yunii said:

On the focus when remote battery is dead you remove cover on ign barrel to slot in key & then you press clutch & press push start engine button this key slots out of the remote as mention. Prize out cap with thin flat screwdriver to reveal ign barrel.
Yunii
35c1f91b373fe37724e92991bd75269e.jpg

doesnt explain how you get in the car in the first place my focus rs does not have a key blade hidden in the fob?

This is the key73ce1a927fef502e8229ced7f608e0c1.jpg2641375ec2fa6c0de4739eeddbf3faec.jpge7e4c3bed8da8177a159125ebc25b63f.jpg

• Like 2

I would be thinking maybe this way, but you need a charged car battery beside the car.

Jack car up enough (and support) so you can get to the cable on the starter motor - the think heavy duty cable that goes from car battery to the starter motor.

run a wire from negative battery terminal to the ground of the car (like the engine or gearbox casing). run a wire from the positive battery terminal to the thick cable on the starter motor (the one that goes to the battery in the car).  best to do this carefully whilst you get someone else to operate the remote and open the door AS YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT SHORT CIRCUIT.

If anyone can think of a reason why this would not be OK, please say

good luck with that with an under tray most cars are fitted with nowadays. and on a rainy day. lol

• Like 2

getting into a keyless car with flat battery you say ?

no prob , got this well covered , now can someone hold my beer a moment.......

download.jpg.8c5089918742bb0466723d460948dc11.jpg713eJLhkY0L._SX355_.jpg.aaf29a65dd6977116d856eaeed149c9f.jpg

:-)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

With the emergency key blade you can get into a car with a flat battery even if double locked.
Only the drivers door will open though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On my Lexus you can lift open a panel on the door handle insert the key into a slot to pop it out. Look under your door handle you should see a small slot

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

What about on the MK3.5?

We have different keys, still got the blade but there isn't the ignition cover I can remove either.

You don't need to, there's a position in centre console I believe that you place the fob

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

have a ford mondeo 2008 battery flat keyless not working (new battery tried) no emergency key anyone help??

14 hours ago, shazbat123 said:

have a ford mondeo 2008 battery flat keyless not working (new battery tried) no emergency key anyone help??

have looked inside keyfob to see if the spare keyblade is inside.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

If it’s the pear shaped remote it is behind the Ford badge on remote if you squeeze the two striped recesses at narrow end of fob the Ford logo lifts up revealing key behind it

Hello Ted, Sharon will be pleased to know the answer, she's been unable to use her car for 2 years 🤣

• Haha 2