Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Radio Do I Need To Buy?

ChrisPembs

Hello :)

Just purchased first ever Focus, it is the last of the mk2's before the 2.5 on an 08 plate, there is no stereo in it, I can see from various places on the internet it came with the CD6000 model, problem is on eBay there is loads of different ones, which is the right one? The Sony MP3 version would be great, will it work? What is the best one I can fit in it for easy plug and play?

Thanks in advance :)

Stereo 2.jpg

Stereo.jpg

The radios fitted to the mk2 Focus, mk6.5 Fiesta & mk1 C-Max will fit.
Do not get one from a mk3 Mondeo as they won't fit or work properly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you Stoney871 perfect :) It is the second style I have been looking at so really good news, would be great to be able to bluetooth from my phone music etc,l one for the future for the moment as long as it plays MP3 it does not really matter, squeeze loads of MP3's onto a CD :)

Thanks again.

• Like 1

The Sony units also sound far better than the basic Visteon units.
You do also have the option of aftermarket models but obviously cost more and take more effort to fit.

• Like 1

Stoney871 I had a feeling that might be the case quality wise :) Eventually will put an Android based something in but the car needs a few mechanical things doing to make it 100% so priorities :(

Both the Sony ones seem to have an auxiliary input but there is no obvious auxiliary port how does that work?

• Like 1

Stoney871 I had a feeling that might be the case quality wise :) Eventually will put an Android based something in but the car needs a few mechanical things doing to make it 100% so priorities :(

Both the Sony ones seem to have an auxiliary input but there is no obvious auxiliary port how does that work?

For aux input you just need a compatible cable that clips into the radio quadlock connector.
If the original aux cable is fitted to your car then there will be a 3.5 socket in the top left corner of your glovebox next to a snap out panel where a factory fitted passenger airbag deactivation switch would go.

• Like 1

Stoney871 thank you, picking it up on Sunday so will have a look and see, few problems so will probably turn into a forum regular over the next few week, apologies in advance :)

• Like 2

That's what we're here for. [emoji41]

• Like 2

Stoney871 OK got one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-2008-2010-SONY-MP3-CD-WITH-CODE/232458808933?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Couple of questions, sorry, in the second picture in my OP can you see the screw hold in the middle on either side, is there something missing from there? There does not appear to be any sort of cage or anything? Also this aux in set, my Focus is an 08 Style, in the first picture in my OP on the connector block, in the bottom right hand corner is this the aux part or is there no way to tell? Where will that kit plug in? Finally with this stereo I have bought, I can see 2 phone symbols, what functionality does it have for phone use?

Thanks in advance :)

You've got the rectangular fascia by the looks of things? My radio has 4 screw holes, not just two. You would need to find a rectangular radio to fit that afaik, or maybe an extra bracket.

• Like 1

And yep think the one I have bought is the wrong one.......... oops :(

Stoney871 seems I have bough one for a mk2.5 dohhhhhh, will it work OK just not fit? Presume I can change the facia panel from a 2.5?

Hi mate, that one looks oval to me. The radios do have a rectangular surround, which will screw into place on the oval versions, then the fascia fits over the top to hide the rear rectangular bit behind the oval. On the rectangular fascia, your radio slides in and requires tools to remove. 

See hereIMG_20170828_205731.thumb.jpg.6f09a2165afa7b2e4bc3b2bce614551f.jpg

Edit: Send the seller a message, say you made a mistake, most sellers will be ok with you making a genuine mistake. You are within your legal rights (with that seller being a business) to send that radio back anyway for a full refund, so it would make no sense for them not to accept cancellation.

• Like 2

Hi Micro

Yep stupid me lol, if it will work with the pre installed wiring and it is just a fitting issue then I will go to the scrap yard and butcher a mk2.5 for the fascia and any other bits I need to make it fit properly, just need to figure out if it will work with the factory installed wiring loom, should do, cannot imagine Ford would change that? For the minute I will just sit it in the hole till I can get to the scrappy / find the bits on eBay.

I noticed last night there was a difference between the mk2 and the mk2.5 cannot believe I just did that! :)

37 minutes ago, ChrisPembs said:

Hi Micro

Yep stupid me lol, if it will work with the pre installed wiring and it is just a fitting issue then I will go to the scrap yard and butcher a mk2.5 for the fascia and any other bits I need to make it fit properly, just need to figure out if it will work with the factory installed wiring loom, should do, cannot imagine Ford would change that? For the minute I will just sit it in the hole till I can get to the scrappy / find the bits on Ebay.

I noticed last night there was a difference between the mk2 and the mk2.5 cannot believe I just did that! :)

I'd still just try and cancel it anyway and find a rectangular one. The mk 2.5 does use the quadlock too.

I think from memory mine screws into a black plastic bracket, which is actually screwed into something but i've never needed to take that off further to see. As in my picture, there are ears on radios designed to fit the mk2.5, so either there will be a lot of space free to the sides, or you will need to butcher the actual dashboard to get that one to fit.

• Like 1

Hi Micro

To be honest I did a bit of haggling with the seller and got him to send it to me via courier so I have it to take with me when I go and collect the car next Saturday 300 miles away at my Mums so if I go back now to cancel I am going to look like a right **!!@@* fool :) Not that I would be to bothered about that normally but also this was a decent price, the other proper square ones vary in price and condition, also the oval in my opinion looks better as well so.............

The conversion looks really easy to be honest, another 20 quid in parts but it will work, there is even a guide on here :)

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=37727

When I got and collect the car I will just "shove" it in to get me home then will fit the brackets and new fascia.

Sweat ye not, Uncle Stoney is here to save the day.

I have full instructions in my guide on how to fit the facelift radio (gen3) and also most of the bits you need.

59a48fa5c5188_Mk2.5FocusFasciaRadioMounts.thumb.jpg.afd58c905cfe9d2be02f54d01dce9724.jpg59a48fabc0b8f_Mk2.5focusRadioMounts.thumb.jpg.5e41c1687a08bd414c4bf2fec06f141e.jpg

If you chuck me say £10 via paypal for postage and labour I'll put these bits in the post for you -

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/56-guide-to-swapping-a-focus-mk2-radio-for-a-mk25-radio/

All you will need are the four 6x25 screws I have listed in my guide and the AUX cable you wanted to fit.

Best place to run the AUX cable is down behind the screen heater switch panel to the cubbyhole under the centre dash area.

59a48faf4e7fe_FocusMk2AUXoptions.jpg.19c2fdbdd87b0071f2596bf9a328bb42.jpg

This is where the AUX clips into the quadlock-

59a48f95cac81_auxsocketplacementford.jpg.b28e2259f9f4e5ee7b27ea3e4486a0a4.jpg

If you're happy with the plan of me sending you the fascia and radio mounts then let me know via P/M and we'll go from there.

• Like 4

BTW, you'll need a screwdriver with various sized Torx and Philips bits.

• Like 1

Stoney871 Happy to have you as my new Uncle :) Thank you deal of the century, will PM you now.

• Like 1

Legend i think is not the word! Stoney to the rescue! Have a good mod ChrisPembs!

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club