Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Advice

Fspiders
Β Share

Hi new to forum. I've just traded in my mondeo st220 😩😩 for a 66 plate (14.000 miles)  titanium x 1.0 ecoboost 100bp. I'm not sure what mk number. 

Within a week I had a rear puncture but the tpms didn't warn me. It shows I have the system on my screen and system check shows no faults. Drove to a near garage and they put a new one on. No mention of special valves.Β  Any ideas?Β 

Week after my seat belt alarm started going off (seat belt on πŸ‘) so I did the clunk click to disable the noise but every few days it starts again... Was advised once its disabled it stays disabled. Any ideas?Β 

I don't screw the engine as I know it's tiny but I'm struggling with the juddery start and having to drop to 1st even though the car is still moving slightly in traffic. So I thought bluefin remap. Not bothered about warranty but needs to pass mot. Doesn't need to be silly bhp... Just maybe take it upto 125-140. Any information would be appreciated.Β 

Thanks for reading.Β 

Do you have an OBD code reader - if not get one!

Funny you should mention the clunk click trick once its disabled it should stay disabled.

I suspect battery problems?
Test your battery although I am sure its stays disabled even after a battery removal or problem -- not 100% sure on that one!

Or use the secret diagnostics screen:-

01. Put your car key. (do not turn the ignition)

02. Hold the trip meter reset button.

03. Turn the key to the "On" position.

04. After 10-15 seconds the display will show TEST mode then the gauges will do a full sweep.

05. Start the engine after you release the trip meter button.

06. Then you can check one by one the status by pressing the button.

Code Meanings:-

gAgE – gauge test (needle sweep)
LCD segments test
LEd – indicator tests (all on, individual on)
r – instrument cluster firmware version details
Er – instrument cluster firmware version details
E – instrument cluster firmware version details
r – instrument cluster firmware version details
dt, none – DTC codes
SP MPH – vehicle speed in MPH
SP MPH – vehicle speed in km/h
tA – engine speed
t90020
od – odometer roll count
F – fuel level sensor signal
F9
FL – fuel level sensor signal in HEX
FP
15 C – probably ambient temperature
bt – battery voltage
dtE – distance to empty fuel tank
rAF – probably average fuel consumption
A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 – readouts from analog sensors
P01, P02, P03, P04, P05, P10, P11, P13, P19, P20?
Β 

• Like 1

Thrapping a small engine is no more injurious than thrapping a large one, provided you let it get to temperature first.

I've no first hand experience, but reading around (a 125/140 seems likely to be my next car) it would seem the Bluefin isn't well regarded for several reasons.Β  I'd be inclined to go to Mountune, or maybe Collins.Β  The former are so trusted that some of their ST tunes dont invalidate the Ford warranty.Β  People also say good things about Revo.

bluefin on my focus 100hp no issues and on 63k now( nearly 40k of those with bluefin. )Β 

wont make any difference to your juddery starts.Β 

as for tpms, you do have sensors inΒ your wheels, they trigger a fault when a drop of approx 20% is detected. or should do.

as for seat belt warning, get your ford dealer to fix this under warrranty.Β 

Thanks for replies.

Advice taken on board. The puncture was a full puncture flat.. Drove it 3 miles to garage and pretty much destroyed the rest of it. Was a corner garage and they banged a new one on in minutes. Never thought about tpms until I read about it in here.

sounds like an issue with tpmsΒ Β as well then for ford garage to fix

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club