Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk8 Glove box Removal

BigRed1987

Hi Folks

I've searched for a while now and cant seem to find a solid answer. 

I have a 
2017 plate New model (Mk8?) Fiesta.

I bought a dash cam and I want to route the cables from the fuse box in the foot well behind the glove box and up the pillar.

I've had a look and cant seem to get the glove box out. 

I noticed there is  a small lever arm to let the glove box out slowly so popped that off and then I've tried squeezing the sides of the glove box next to the tabs but it doesn't seem to want to come. 

Am i missing something?

There's 2 pegs that the bottom of glovebox pivots on, you need to slide/lever those pegs out.

Ill take a look, thanks for the info

No need to remove glovebox if locating fuse box, it’s underneath it. I had the same fitting a dashcam. Just remove the 2 clips holding the cover underneath. This applies to the Mk8 only.

Cheers - Paul.

thanks Paul, i wasnt going to remove the glove box for the fuses. Just to route the wires behind the box. Or is there a better path for routing?

out of interest which fuse did you piggyback off?

From memory I think it was fuse 15/16 - I am away at the minute so unable to check.  I bought a 3 pin piggyback adaptor off the internet which made the job a lot easier. Routing the cable is fine without removing the glovebox.

5 hours ago, p.harv said:

No need to remove glovebox if locating fuse box, it’s underneath it. I had the same fitting a dashcam. Just remove the 2 clips holding the cover underneath. This applies to the Mk8 only.

Cheers - Paul.

I'm going through the same at the moment. The ford manual isn't that helpful when it comes to finding the fusebox so your advice was super helpful.  I just wanted to check where did you find to attach the earth? I see lots of metal bolts but all seem to be going into plastic rather than the metal chassis. 

I'm also struggling to find a 3 pin piggyback adaptor online which may make the install easier if you have any suggestions? Many thanks. 

The earth point I used was to the top left of the fuse box, from memory it was a 6mm nut and it is set back a fair way and is a bit fiddly. A socket on an extension does make life a little easier. Get a torch up into the top of the dash towards the bottom corner of the windscreen and you should see it. I just found it by connecting a voltmeter across a positive on the fuse box and prodding round with the negative lead until it read 12 volts.

The 3 pin piggyback adaptor was ordered from co-star.co.uk looking at my receipt it was £4.37 plus nearly as much postage.

Hope this helps, pity I’m away until next week or I could have taken a couple of photos.

Cheers - Paul.

5 minutes ago, p.harv said:

The earth point I used was to the top left of the fuse box, from memory it was a 6mm nut and it is set back a fair way and is a bit fiddly. A socket on an extension does make life a little easier. Get a torch up into the top of the dash towards the bottom corner of the windscreen and you should see it. I just found it by connecting a voltmeter across a positive on the fuse box and prodding round with the negative lead until it read 12 volts.

The 3 pin piggyback adaptor was ordered from co-star.co.uk looking at my receipt it was £4.37 plus nearly as much postage.

Hope this helps, pity I’m away until next week or I could have taken a couple of photos.

Cheers - Paul.

I took a few photos to try and see what was under there. Looking back in the photos I see something at the top left. Is this where you attached the earth?

It isn't the easiest to get in a good position to see what is going on up there. Especially with the amount of wires surrounding the fuse box. 

I saw the co-star product but thought the cost and hight postage was excessive. Ordered a micro2 fuse based adaptor for about a third of the price and will attach it to one of the other fuses. Frustrated as I ran all the wires and thought the smaller fuses were mini fuse size which my kit had a piggyback for and found they instead were a micro2 size. 

From what I have read online more and more manufacturers are using the micro2 size but many shops haven't caught up with this yet in terms of products. 

IMG_3174.jpg

Yes that looks like the Earth I used.

Paul.

• Like 1

Hi

Hope this might help. I have used a fuse that is live when ignition turned on.

20180405_113457.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, p.harv said:

Yes that looks like the Earth I used.

Paul.

Thanks I will use that as an earthing point. 

5 hours ago, jsk said:

Hi

Hope this might help. I have used a fuse that is live when ignition turned on.

20180405_113457.jpg

Could I ask what size fuse it is? I guessed it’s a micro2 fuse as the mini fuse adaptor that came with the hardwiring kit was slightly too big.  

Hi

Correct, micro2 fuse. I have a Nextbase camera that came with a mini fuse adaptor. If you have the same thing, ring Nextbase and explain you need a Mikcro2 adaptor. I got one sent to me free of charge. If not two or three sites on the internet sell them.

2 hours ago, jsk said:

Hi

Correct, micro2 fuse. I have a Nextbase camera that came with a mini fuse adaptor. If you have the same thing, ring Nextbase and explain you need a Mikcro2 adaptor. I got one sent to me free of charge. If not two or three sites on the internet sell them.

Ah perfect, I’ve ordered one already. It wasn’t very expensive at all. My kit is a nextbase one. I would have asked them for one if I knew. Didn’t even think to speak to them. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club