Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Unlocks But Won't Open

maccalen

I have a 2009 Ford Focus 1.9 diesel. Today I had it booked in for an MOT and prior to taking it to the garage, I topped up the fluids.

After going to collect my car, the garage informed me they were unable to open the bonnet.

When using the key, I turn it to the left and the catch releases the bonnet. The click can be heard and the bonnet can be slightly raised. 

However, when I turn the key all the way to the right, the bonnet will not lift any further. It seems completely stuck.

I have tried jiggling, wiggling, shaking and even shouting at it, but it still won't come up.

Please help!

2 hours ago, maccalen said:

I have a 2009 Ford Focus 1.9 diesel. Today I had it booked in for an MOT and prior to taking it to the garage, I topped up the fluids.

After going to collect my car, the garage informed me they were unable to open the bonnet.

When using the key, I turn it to the left and the catch releases the bonnet. The click can be heard and the bonnet can be slightly raised. 

However, when I turn the key all the way to the right, the bonnet will not lift any further. It seems completely stuck.

I have tried jiggling, wiggling, shaking and even shouting at it, but it still won't come up.

Please help!

I have the same issue.

It,ll turn left easily and unlock but turning right won't work unless I turn the key left then push the lock in and turn right while its pushed in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club