Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As a matter of interest

Bobr

This MPG result was achieved after driving right through Nottingham and 18 miles along the A610 through Ripley to Swanwick in Derbyshire.   A good mix of town and country.   2013 Fiesta 100 Ecoboost with stop/start on.

IMG_0179.JPG

9 minutes ago, Bobr said:

This MPG result was achieved after driving right through Nottingham and 18 miles along the A610 through Ripley to Swanwick in Derbyshire.   A good mix of town and country.   2013 Fiesta 100 Ecoboost with stop/start on.

IMG_0179.JPG

Is that based a reset after a fresh fill up? 

Yes, filled up just before I set off and reset the MPG.

Very impressive! Only occasions I've hit 60mpg were with a diesel.

From Swanwick I went up the M1 and on to Worksop.   Stopped for a meal at a pub with some friends and set off back to Swanwick.   Just before J28 it was showing 64 and a bit (couldn't get a photo as I was driving) and then I ran into the 2 mile tailback to J28.

Now the challenge is to keep that average over the whole tank! :biggrin:

Focus is currently showing 62.9mpg over half a tank...I don't believe it though! :unsure:

IMG_20180406_163304001.thumb.jpg.2b75c7867e44a6182157c21a0a860536.jpg

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Now the challenge is to keep that average over the whole tank! :biggrin:

Focus is currently showing 62.9mpg over half a tank...I don't believe it though! :unsure:

IMG_20180406_163304001.thumb.jpg.2b75c7867e44a6182157c21a0a860536.jpg

is that all? ha ha

• Sad 1

Is that town and country?

Going down the A9 from Pitlochry to Perth you can't get over 60 mph due to avg speed cameras I can't get my 1.5 Tdci Cmax over 55 mpg soon drops to 43 if I get to 70 on the bit after Perth . Worse than my last Mondeo 2ltr Tdci 2009 which on the Perth run would give 62 and once on the faster bit would do 53ish, sommuch for progress.

Highest I hit was 48mpg, and that was only because I was going through an 50mph average speed section on the motorway. Otherwise I'm now getting 35 ish mpg. I don't plan on getting more than the mid 20's on my next car lol.

13 hours ago, Bobr said:

Is that town and country?

Town, country B roads and dual carriageway, fairly even mix.  Though from next week I'll be doing a lot less town so will be interesting to see if that makes much difference overall.

• Thanks 1

Mine is staying around 50.7 however I noticed it doesn't change as frequently as until you reset it. This is on 30mph roads. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did exactly the same journey yesterday in 24 deg C with the air con on all the way.   This time only got 48 mpg.   What a difference the air con makes.

27 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Did exactly the same journey yesterday in 24 deg C with the air con on all the way.   This time only got 48 mpg.   What a difference the air con makes.

Can't say I've ever had that much of a drop with aircon on, may be a couple of mpg  but not 12

If only my air con worked... :dry:

It depends on the engine as to how much fuel the AC uses, it's not the same on all cars in my experience.  Small engines really suffer with it, big ones much less so.  You'll probably notice a drop in power on the 1.0EB with it on as well.

I'm now on 3 quarters of a tank and trip computer is showing 63.5mpg...  Covered 450 miles and got nearly 200 on the range so looks like it might be fairly accurate this time...we'll see lol.

Didn't notice a drop in power Tom.   When I started the journey with the air con on the stop / start didn't work but 10 miles into the journey it started working again.

Fair enough.  The stop start will work with the AC on, but only when the temp inside the car has reached the set level.  As the AC pump is run by the engine, it can't cool the cabin with the engine off.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the explanation.   I didn't know that but it makes sense when you think about it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club