Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK 1.5 Lower Engine Mount

Msc1

Hi, hoping someone can help. Have recently been suffering with a really bad wobbling/vibration, and I am pretty sure it's the engine mounts. I have changed the 2 up top in the engine bay, but the 13mm bolt underneath the car holding in the lower mount rounded off. Going to get it off this weekend but will need a new bolt.

Does anyone happen to have the part number for this bolt? Plenty available on the bay, but unclear if this is the one I need. Pic of the bolt attached

Thanks in advance. Would also welcome suggestions on the wobble! Tried changing the tyres with the spare on each side, and mechanically everything seems OK. Springs OK, no play in the wheels when jacked up, front rotors and discs changed 2 months ago. 

DSC_0873.JPG

Sorry meant front pads and discs have been changed. 

It think it should be either 11459787 or 1673431 depending on the gearbox fitted.

MK1 Focus engine mounting parts

The above link can be used to obtain more specific information, you just need to complete the earlier page with the exact vehicle details such as which engine variant and which gearbox etc, I've found that if you do this it will only offer multiple choices for a part if Ford actually fitted multiple parts i.e. changed from 1 to another mid production run.

Nice one! Turns out the bolt I bought yesterday was the wrong one so have now ordered the right one thanks to your advice. Thanks again! 

1 hour ago, Msc1 said:

Nice one! Turns out the bolt I bought yesterday was the wrong one so have now ordered the right one thanks to your advice. Thanks again! 

No worries mate, I hope the current bolt doesn't prove to hard to remove.  The same bolt on my MK2 took some serious force to shift.

Bolt was seized as feared. Ended up having the grind the engine mount itself out! New one in now, but hasn't solved the wobbling 😤

Will try replacing the rear drop links next. 

• 2 weeks later...

It was the drop links as it turned out. I changed all 4 at weekend and wobbling has gone. Relief! Hope this helps someone else who gets the same issue. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club