Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Grip

Nicoboost

Hey fellas,

New to this, but just wanted some help on something bit confused by, and could learn a thing or two. So basically got an 14 eco boost, cars been great, had it almost a year. However, recently the car feels somewhat unstable when taking a corner, especially if the road isn’t the smoothest. I actually span out at a roundabout, and I was literally in 2nd doing like 15z Now I’ve never had this issue, I’ve had on 08 fiesta and a 15 reg 1.2 fiesta before this. Any ideas? 

What tyres are on it and how low is the tread? I had a few hairy moments on roundabouts in my old Mondeo ST due to low budget tyres already fitted when i bought it, they're known as "Ditch finders" for a reason!!!

Must be tires. Check the tread on them and see if they are good. Don't know if suspension could play a factor. 

Check the tyre pressure too, not just the tread depth.

Thank you for responses lads. Ok, so I’ve got continentals 195/50 r 16 on three tyres. All are checked on pressure and are fine. Had all 4, but one had a nail in it month ago. However, got these Asian lads to do it, and just noticed they put a Dunlop on, which is I’m pretty sure a size smaller than the rest. The tread in my opinion looks on the low side, however my mate who’s a mechanic said he’d keep them on. That being said he does anything to avoid cost. Last point, when going over bumps, which I don’t do fast cause I hate them, the car recently sounds like it’s literally getting the air knocked out of the tyres when going on, and coming off. The continentals were what we’re on the car when I bought it off ford. Thanks 

Just check the numbers on the dunlop tyre to confirm the size. If it's different with poor tread depth too then that won't be helping things at all.

I would check the wheel nuts are tight too.

There could be a few things that could've gone wrong that will affect the handling, snapped spring, leaking damper, split bushes etc so you're best to get your mechanic mate to stick it up on a ramp so he can check various components underneath.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club