Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crank breather pipe

F0CUE

Does this look like it needs replaced or are these ones shaped like this at this end?

IMG_20190210_152427.jpg

what engine is it? when I had mk1 focus 1600 it had a pipe that looked like that on front of engine that ran under the inlet manifold. I can't make out on your pic quite where it is. The car started having high tickover, the pipe looked like that and on the other side of it had split letting in air.  I never did replace it. I just wrapped a ton of good quality insulation  tape round it. Wasn't easy to get to. A bodge, not to save money, but because I wanted to fix it there and then and not wait for part/drive miles to get it.

It's the 1.6 sigma/duratec. That is behind the inlet but the pictured part just sticks out near the alternator and the part below the straight part is the throttle body.

Does anyone else have any opinion on it? I'm trying to track down whistling noises the intake is all right I've done the close off test and the engine nearly died so no leaks in there.

yes, I reckon it is failing and will split

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Is there a method to removing these things? I tried today with limited time at work and it was just stretching more than anything else.

Got it with a bit of twisting and brute force they weld on tight so guess this is a variation of the pcv and crank? The pcv valve fell on the road lol and you need hands of a fairy to get in there to put it back in. Anyways this is defo got to be the whistle issue. I'm resetting the ECU to cater for the air change.

IMG_20190502_103542.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 2/10/2019 at 3:32 PM, F0CUE said:

Does this look like it needs replaced or are these ones shaped like this at this end?

IMG_20190210_152427.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club