1979Damian

Are MK2 part leather seats compatible with a MK2.5?

Hi all, I'm wanting to replace the nasty Zetec seats in the wife's MK2.5 Focus with the black part leather seats from a MK2 Titanium (not the heated version).  As I understand it they're a straightforward forward swap mechanically but I'm curious if anyone knows if the airbag loom/fitting will be the same.  Logically I would have thought so seeing as neither has any extra features such as being heated etc but with Ford you never know!

After an enquiry with @iantt (cheers Ian) I decided to take the plunge, I've just fitted the front passenger seat and the connectors were a perfect match.  I'll hopefully get the rest of it done at the weekend along with some pics.

Just now, 1979Damian said:

After an enquiry with @iantt (cheers Ian) I decided to take the plunge, I've just fitted the front passenger seat and the connectors were a perfect match.  I'll hopefully get the rest of it done at the weekend along with some pics.

that worked out well then ☺️

Just now, dezwez said:

now that's a great deal ☺️

Cramming it all into the back of the wife's hatchback Focus was a bit of an ordeal, oh and I even got the match door cards thrown in for good measure.  Although I'll be selling those on as the car is only Zetec trim and as a result only has wind up rear windows, where as the door cards are for electric windows having come from a Titanium.

1 minute ago, 1979Damian said:

Cramming it all into the back of the wife's hatchback Focus was a bit of an ordeal, oh and I even got the match door cards thrown in for good measure.  Although I'll be selling those on as the car is only Zetec trim and as a result only has wind up rear windows, where as the door cards are for electric windows having come from a Titanium.

sell them on and it lowers the price more☺️

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

sell them on and it lowers the price more☺️

Yup, I'm also going to see how well the ugly (in my opinion) Zetec seats clean up and if they're not too bad they'll also be going on ebay.  If I just make my fuel back (6 hours of driving in total) then I'll be a very happy man!

1 minute ago, 1979Damian said:

Yup, I'm also going to see how well the ugly (in my opinion) Zetec seats clean up and if they're not too bad they'll also be going on ebay.  If I just make my fuel back (6 hours of driving in total) then I'll be a very happy man!

just the job ☺️