Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New S MAX owner

Robdav99

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum as I've just got myself an 09 S Max Titanium 2.0 TDCI on 85k miles.

It seems like a really nice car, lovely to drive and is perfect size now we've got 3 kids. 

I've given it an oil and filter service today as it doesn't have any history with it and I'll get it booked in for cambelt done asap.

Only issue I'm having at the moment is I can't tell if the car has bluetooth and it's not working or if it just doesn't have it.

The is nothing in the drivers dashboard display about BT, it has the Sony DAB radio and the indicator stalk has VOICE on it and the phone symbols.

If you press the phone buttons on the sony head unit it just mutes the radio.

The AUX line in jack doesnt seem to work either, that does have a menu on the dash display but no sound comes through when plugged in to it.

ETIS shows this in the options for my car:

•  With A/V Jack
  •  BT/VC Phone Interface Only
  •  Will Dual Band Type 2 Antenna
  •  High Level CD+AM/FM+DAB
  •  Ice Feature Pack 15
  •  With 8 High Series Radio Speakers
  •  Telephone Prep Pack B - English
  •  Less Family Entertainment System
  •  Voice Activated Module - British

Should I have BT on my car based on the above? and if so how do I switch it on?

Thanks Rob

• Like 1

GW

Hi mate

Can you upload pic of your sony system?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, I've followed what that manual says and still nothing. Nothing happens if I press phone->then menu and still no sound coming out of the AUX jack either.

I've had the dashboard apart today to check the wiring and it all seems present and correct to the AUX jack. Didn't know where to look for the bluetooth or voice controller. 

GW

At my smax, when the BT went banana, i disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and after that, BT works fine.

Hi Robdav99,

As rbitton782 said, bluetooth system does go banana sometimes. I normally pullout out the fuse under front passenger side. Wait few minutes and put it back. Should fix the issue and saves you disconnecting the battery.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, rbitton782 said:

GW

At my smax, when the BT went banana, i disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and after that, BT works fine.

I'll try that today thanks

I'll try that today thanks
GW
Remember, if if you you are disconnect disconnecting the battery, be advised that you have the radio code.

• Like 1

I've pulled the fuse left it for 30mins and reconnected and its exactly the same. no bluetooth options and no sound from aux socket.

faulty head unit?

I've pulled the fuse left it for 30mins and reconnected and its exactly the same. no bluetooth options and no sound from aux socket.
faulty head unit?
GW

Hard to tell.
Only if u cross it with other head unit.

GW

I believe so.
Ford ETIS, is avery reliable source.

• Like 1

If you have voice button then you have bluetooth. I would unplug the bluetooth control module and leave it 10 mins then replug in. From what I remember it's located above glovebox

• Like 1

Cheers will try that tonight. 

Anyone have any experience of the cheapish android touch screen head units that seem to have all the gadgets? 

Ok its still not working so from what I've read it's not unheard of for these to go faulty so I'll get a replacement one. 

I believe there is a updated version of these which allows music to be streamed via bt anyone know? 

Thanks 

Ok its still not working so from what I've read it's not unheard of for these to go faulty so I'll get a replacement one. 

I believe there is a updated version of these which allows music to be streamed via bt anyone know? 
Thanks 
GW

https://willtaylor.org/update-ford-audio-bluetooth/

Take a look at this..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robdav99 said:

Thanks 

Yes there is, but i know very little about them a search will reveal a few posts on the subject. I upgrade my mondeo but cant remember which module i used its while ago

From my bit of research I've done, I need to replace my 8M5T-19G488-AK to 8M5T-19C112-AN module and that should give me bluetooth streaming aswell as sorting my AUX and PHONE issues.

• Like 2

Just to update. 

Fitting a 8M5T-19C112-AN module has fixed my issue and given me phone, bluetooth and usb music streaming now, so my old module must have been faulty, it was als9 draining the battery of a night aswell. 

Sorted thanks for all the help. 

• Like 2

Just to update. 
Fitting a 8M5T-19C112-AN module has fixed my issue and given me phone, bluetooth and usb music streaming now, so my old module must have been faulty, it was als9 draining the battery of a night aswell. 

GW

Glad to hear..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robdav99 said:

Just to update. 

Glad your sorted  hopefully that will someone in the future 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We're having another issue with the engine management light coming on and the car going into limp mode at the moment. 

The mechanic seems to think its something to do with the inlet flap, does that mean anything to anyone? I've not had chance to look at it myself. 

Its the 2.0tdci engine and came up with a couple of fault codes if i remember p2566 and p2263. 

Thanks 

We're having another issue with the engine management light coming on and the car going into limp mode at the moment. 
The mechanic seems to think its something to do with the inlet flap, does that mean anything to anyone? I've not had chance to look at it myself. 
Its the 2.0tdci engine and came up with a couple of fault codes if i remember p2566 and p2263. 
Thanks 
GW

May be, this would help...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club