Do Not Sell My Personal Information

steering feels loose ant few degrees

liorm84

Ok, I little bit tough to explain - when I steering to the left, at some point ( about 1/8 of steer) it feels loose and not steer the wheels (loose zone)

checked at parking of course. few people said that its the steering rack and eventually I will need to replace it.

What do you think ?

Also, from you experience, which sensors / relays / electric stuff tend to die soon ?

my car is S max 2010 automatic 6 speed aisin 2.3 duratec

GW
Hi mate
Take a look at the pic that i added.
See the red circles?, you need to check that you don't have worn rubber, before replacing steering rack.
If everything ok, sometimes, adding grease in to your steering rack can prevent loose in the steering rack.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You didn't attach a picture but I think that I heard about this from my mechanic. Definitely will try this first.
Thanks mate

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

GW

Sorry [emoji6]Screenshot_20190421-002254_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190421-002153_Chrome.jpg

GW
Hi mate
Take a look at the pic that i added.
See the red circles?, you need to check that you don't have worn rubber, before replacing steering rack.
If everything ok, sometimes, adding grease in to your steering rack can prevent loose in the steering rack.

When you write rubber, you mean worn bushings and so? Do you have a list with all "rubbers" at the front. Eventually, I will replace all of them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

GW
Hi
Before replacing, you need to jack up your car, with a good flashlight take a look at all the suspension rubber parts, it will give you, about their condition.
U can save a lot of money.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club