Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playing music from USB/Bluetooth

Steve L

Before I start playing around with the settings in my car (2014 Fiesta) can you provide me with each of the steps to play music from a :-

1/ USB stick.

2/ bluetooth device ie mobile phone.

Thank you in advance.

I cannot play music from my phone via bluetooth, I have to use the USB cable.

To play music from a USB stick you need to format it to exFAT or Fat32. Then create a folder on the usb stick called music. Once that is done you can put music files into the folder. 
It must be in the folder labelled music otherwise it will not read it. 

Also, depending on your version of Sync, you might not be able to play music via bluetooth. Sync 1.0 cannot play music via bluetooth and can only connect to the phone for calls. 

You need to cycle through the Aux button. It toggles between Aux, Sync device and bluetooth

Thank you all for your answers.

How did you get on with this in the end? 

I use both USB & bluetooth regularly for music in my 2013 Ecoboost, I have the upgraded Sony radio which makes it all pretty easy, just press the Aux button until it displays the input you want, I have a permanent iPod plugged into the USB that plays music automatically every time I turn on the car. I also use bluetooth which has a few negatives, not being able to read the track info being one big one, whereas USB can tell you all the info. Voice recognition can't control the bluetooth either where it can control USB. 

Overall USB is the better option if you can be bothered to plug your phone in. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club