Quigzz

2019 Focus ST-Line X SYNC 3 volume issue

Recommended Posts

I've recently bought a new Focus ST-Line X, when listening to music and turn the volume above 24 (the max being 30) the sound actually goes quieter and the front Speakers seem to go really low with all the sound coming from the back of the car?

I contacted Evans Halshaw where i bought it, they claim to have never heard of this issue before, before I book it in can anybody help or give info on a similar problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone I know who has a MK4, including myself, has this issue.

I would imagine it's to stop the cheap door casings from rattling over a  certain volume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say its the amplifier clipping - to prevent you blowing the Speakers.  This used to be accessible via the controls menu on much older Ford head units - possibly not now on the Sync models.  Check the unit has the latest software and connect it to your home WiFi and check updates that way.  Also ask the dealer if the car is running the latest software which they can assess via the OBD port (theyll know what to do)   I saw that the RS 16/17 MY Focus has had a couple of updates - to do with their sub woofer performance.  That was of course another system and another model / year.  So its evident that Ford do release updates from time to time on the audio systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My STline is a 2017 with Sync3 and at 24 (and above) it still increases in volume, it doesn’t appear to be ‘clipped’. The volume climbs, I turned mine up to 26 and didn’t want to go any higher lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus your poor ears
I rarely go above 14 unless the music has a heavy bass beat that complements the sub.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

My STline is a 2017 with Sync3 and at 24 (and above) it still increases in volume, it doesn’t appear to be ‘clipped’. The volume climbs, I turned mine up to 26 and didn’t want to go any higher lol. 

My partner has a 2019 68 plate and her sound doesn't decrease above 24 either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 7:45 AM, Quigzz said:

I've recently bought a new Focus ST-Line X, when listening to music and turn the volume above 24 (the max being 30) the sound actually goes quieter and the front Speakers seem to go really low with all the sound coming from the back of the car?

I contacted Evans Halshaw where i bought it, they claim to have never heard of this issue before, before I book it in can anybody help or give info on a similar problem?

Are you sure it's not your hearing that's being suppressed at that level?

If I had mine turned to 24  I wouldn't be able to get in the car. But it has got the B&O  amplifier and Speakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 7:45 AM, Quigzz said:

I've recently bought a new Focus ST-Line X, when listening to music and turn the volume above 24 (the max being 30) the sound actually goes quieter and the front Speakers seem to go really low with all the sound coming from the back of the car?

I contacted Evans Halshaw where i bought it, they claim to have never heard of this issue before, before I book it in can anybody help or give info on a similar problem?

Do you have the standard Speakers or the upgraded Harmon Kardon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did u get this sorted mines the same after 20 the sound actually goes quite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only got the car 2 days ago doesn't seem right it's 125 at st line with standard Speakers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 9:04 AM, DaveT70 said:

Everyone I know who has a MK4, including myself, has this issue.

I would imagine it's to stop the cheap door casings from rattling over a  certain volume.

Did u get it sorted mate or is it still the same ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bensimm91 said:

Did u get it sorted mate or is it still the same ? 

haven't bothered with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just got mine back from Evan's Halshaw today, they have done a software update which has sorted the issue. No longer goes quiet after 23.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now Fordpass isn't connecting to the vehicle and the message "emergency call systems malfunction service required"

Also says connectivity settings not available at this time on the Sync3 

Any ideas anybody?

20190612_141849.jpg

20190617_191506.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emergency call system malfunction most likely a faulty button . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Quigzz said:

Now Fordpass isn't connecting to the vehicle and the message "emergency call systems malfunction service required"

Also says connectivity settings not available at this time on the Sync3 

Any ideas anybody?

20190612_141849.jpg

20190617_191506.jpg

I have had that happen a couple of times since new and discovered by accident that after leaving overnight the problem disappears.

I assume the system must have done a reset or reboot overnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, Quigzz said:

I've just got mine back from Evan's Halshaw today, they have done a software update which has sorted the issue. No longer goes quiet after 23.

Mine goes quiet after 18, do you know what update they did? Mine is booked in with Ford dealership on Tuesday but they keep saying they've never heard of the issue and don't think they will be able to do anything to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this same issue but with the B&O Play Speakers. I'm also having high frequency bass rattle in driver and passenger front doors. Going to take to a dealer in hoping they can fix. Incredibly annoying for a premium sound system.

 

@Quigzz just for clarity, are you able to check your software version in the settings and post a photo please? Just so I can compare to mine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 5:21 AM, LauraJ said:

Mine goes quiet after 18, do you know what update they did? Mine is booked in with Ford dealership on Tuesday but they keep saying they've never heard of the issue and don't think they will be able to do anything to fix it.

How did you get on Laura?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit to the above, I ran my update by downloading directly from the Ford website and updating via USB. The volume issue now appears fixed. Still need to go into ford about my rattling though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 11:04 PM, JackH95 said:

How did you get on Laura?

Dealership updated the Sync software and it seems to have resolved the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 12:54 AM, JackH95 said:

Edit to the above, I ran my update by downloading directly from the Ford website and updating via USB. The volume issue now appears fixed. Still need to go into ford about my rattling though!

Hi JackH95,

Just wanted to check if you managed to get the rattle sorted. I've just bought Focus Vignale and having the same issue of rattling.

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a 2019 st line x with exactly the same issue mine sometimes will not go higher than 16 without reverting to back Speakers,its had 2 updates at ford dealership ,I have downloaded the latest update of the ford website onto  memory stick,and the problem is still there ,luckily  I change my cars every 12 months so another 6 months and it will be definitely getting traded in,I think this will be my last ford cant be doing with this,especially when ford say there is no issue with the car,it comes to somethink when they give me a courtesy car ka plus and it had a better stereo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 12:22 PM, Ams said:

Hi JackH95,

Just wanted to check if you managed to get the rattle sorted. I've just bought Focus Vignale and having the same issue of rattling.

 

Thank you

Sorry, just seen your message now Ams. I've replied to your thread.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.