Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aerial

liamstears

Dab aerial system, how does it work?

Changed from a stock setup to an Android based head unit which also has FM and DAB but signal is not as good as it was previously

At the moment both DAB and FM are connected to the black fakra and the white fakra is unplugged and I believe this is the problem

I believe the black fakra simple goes to the roof aerial, the white fakra I believe goes to an aerial amplifier in the boot

Would I be right in thinking the white fakra in a stock system sends a 12v phantom power down to the amplifier to power it, the signal is then sent back up to the head unit and passed back into the black fakra?

In that case could I buy something like this:

https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CT27AA158?utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals

Send the 12v power down the white fakra then connect the other end to the black fakra and my dab and FM tuners?

I retrofitted Fords factory Sony DAB into my fiesta, along with the full DAB aerial including the full wiring loom, amplifier and ground plate.....

quote....

“Would I be right in thinking the white fakra in a stock system sends a 12v phantom power down to the amplifier to power it, the signal is then sent back up to the head unit and passed back into the black fakra?”

Yes I’d say you are spot on thinking that. There was a wire in the loom in which I had to tap into the wiring harness for the HU to send down power to the amplifier, so you could go down that route, or looking at the link you posted, I don’t see how that wouldn’t work plus that would be a lot earlier than trying to route the full DAB loom (which wasn’t easy with the dash and roof lining in place)
Hope this helps

As I already have the full DAB system installed from factory I want to use that and not have to change antennas etc, I'm going to try a phantom power supply on the white fakra and go from there, hopefully it will work

• 2 years later...

Hi Liam, sorry for resurrecting an old thread but did you get anywhere with this?

does sticking 12v down the white fakra work? Im thinking chop the DIN end off a cheap DIN/Fakra adapter and splicing it into the switched 12v supply. I'd love to hear how you got on with your attempts.

cheers, Col

5 minutes ago, C0l said:

Hi Liam, sorry for resurrecting an old thread but did you get anywhere with this?

Liam was last here 30th November 2021 so don't expect a fast answer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club