Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Glove Box Door Removal

martinf64

Anyone know how to remove the glove box door on a MK8 2018 Fiesta, I have a faint buzz coming from the glove box area which gets worst if the glove box door is left open but disappears if I put downward pressure on the opened door. Want to take it off to confirm its coming from the door. Cheers...

• 2 weeks later...

You have to pull both sides inwards so that it hinges open beyond the stops. I would not bother though as the process can damage the operation of the glove box.

4 hours ago, jamkart said:

You have to pull both sides inwards so that it hinges open beyond the stops. I would not bother though as the process can damage the operation of the glove box.

Cheers Jamkart, thanks for the reply. Yes looked at doing that but seems a good way of breaking something, so going to try and solve without removing the door when I have the time.

Just looked at mine and it seems to be the side pinch method as mentioned above. You get to 3 1/4's of the way down and it feels like there's a lot of tension so I'd take it gently , something definitely ready to snap if pulled too hard 

Have had my glove box right the way out a couple of times. Take it gently and you should be OK.

When you go to put it back up remember to slot the rod on the box into its tube. Part of th soft opening mechanism I think.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:52 PM, jsk said:

Have had my glove box right the way out a couple of times. Take it gently and you should be OK.

When you go to put it back up remember to slot the rod on the box into its tube. Part of th soft opening mechanism I think.

Soft opening mechanism? Mine hasn't got that...don't remember ever seeing it do that at any time when opening the glove box.

Hi Martin

Could be spec related as mine is a Titanium.

• 5 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, martinf64 said:

Anyone know how to remove the glove box door on a MK8 2018 Fiesta, I have a faint buzz coming from the glove box area which gets worst if the glove box door is left open but disappears if I put downward pressure on the opened door. Want to take it off to confirm its coming from the door. Cheers...

Sorry to bring up an old post, did you managed to fix the noise? I have exactly the same thing in my fiesta mk8 and can’t figure out exactly where it’s from! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club