Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone know where this hose goes?

Gowingnator

Hi all!

As you can see in the picture, there's a small leak of what I can only assume to be oil. I believe now, after cleaning the area numerous times, it's coming from the hose where the arrow is pointing to.

Seems like it goes into the timing belt cover. Hose is connected to another hose that is then connected to a sensor that is attached to the air filter housing.

It's a Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI 55 plate

Any clues?

71140479_480281806147298_3571619989318270976_n.jpg

71896907_1665715300231560_459234327243259904_n.jpg

I dont know for sure if its the same pipe you re talking about but on mine, there is a pipe thats going into the air filter round the back,but the other side is just blanked with a bolt pushed in.I dont know what it is for.

IMG_20190928_132539[1].jpg

IMG_20190928_141536[1].jpg

On 9/26/2019 at 5:15 PM, Gowingnator said:

there's a small leak of what I can only assume to be oil. I believe now, after cleaning the area numerous times, it's coming from the hose where the arrow is pointing to.

The hose by the orange arrow looks like the fuel return hose to me.

I would guess the oil is more likely to be coming from a tiny crack or imperfect joint in the throttle housing or inlet manifold. The air ducts are pressurised to over 2 Bar when the turbo is on full boost, and also will always have some oil in it from the crankcase breather system. On my car I always find traces of oil on the engine mount right under the air intake hose to the manifold. I can not trace the leak, I have had the hose & pipe off to no avail, and the leak is almost constant. The car hardly uses any oil, so the loss is minute, but enough to make a mess. I know my car is very different in detail, but the principles of the pressurised air intake are the same.

I just have a look at it occasionally, and clean it up.

Hi, (first post)

the facelift Mk6 has a Map Sensor attached to top rear of the air filter box,

the pipe is attached to this and the end arrowed is attached to the inlet manifold via a nipple

behind the top camshaft cover, hope this helps

ciao

On 10/1/2019 at 10:00 AM, joblosh said:

Hi, (first post)

the facelift Mk6 has a Map Sensor attached to top rear of the air filter box,

the pipe is attached to this and the end arrowed is attached to the inlet manifold via a nipple

behind the top camshaft cover, hope this helps

ciao

Hey, thanks for your post!

I have since replaced the hose pipe and same issue. The end of the pipe goes into the timing belt cover, but the pipe is open and not closed off!

Car doesn't tend to start most days (even before replacing that hose) didn't know if this hose had anything to do with it?

Checked the oil and on the dipstick it's just under max.

On 9/28/2019 at 11:46 PM, Tdci-Peter said:

The hose by the orange arrow looks like the fuel return hose to me.

I would guess the oil is more likely to be coming from a tiny crack or imperfect joint in the throttle housing or inlet manifold. The air ducts are pressurised to over 2 Bar when the turbo is on full boost, and also will always have some oil in it from the crankcase breather system. On my car I always find traces of oil on the engine mount right under the air intake hose to the manifold. I can not trace the leak, I have had the hose & pipe off to no avail, and the leak is almost constant. The car hardly uses any oil, so the loss is minute, but enough to make a mess. I know my car is very different in detail, but the principles of the pressurised air intake are the same.

I just have a look at it occasionally, and clean it up.

Yeah it's a nightmare! Gets everything. It returns to the timing belt cover! Open and not closed off with anything.

33 minutes ago, Gowingnator said:

Yeah it's a nightmare! Gets everything. It returns to the timing belt cover! Open and not closed off with anything.

Having read Joseph's post (joblosh), I suspect he is correct, and it should go to a MAP (pressure) sensor mounted on the airbox.

If it has fallen off that sensor, then it will have a big effect on the engine, though I can't see why it would affect starting.

Drawing showing what looks like this hose, going to the sensor marked 12T551.

C010123816.gif

From: https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/54/no/13/1549/15361/66696/

The sensor is the bit with the white connector, behind the airbox, in the photo below. The hose may look like it is coming from the timing cover, but that seems to be all part of the combined cam cover & inlet manifold, so I suspect it is piped into the inlet manifold, which is pressurised to 20PSI or so when the turbo is running.

1-4TDCI.JPG

Hi again,

if you have a look at this link  ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_XmFrIYqUg)

from about 11 mins you can see the pipe above the cam belt close to the cam gear, cannot see the nipple to which it is attached,  but if yours is just dangling, there will be an amount of crap coming out of the nipple and spraying onto the cam belt (not good). hence the traces of oil, as far as I am aware the preface lift did not have a map sensor  so no need of the nipple or pipe etc. The nipple is the attachment point to the inlet manifold, why is it behind the cam cover, no idea.

ciao

joe.             

• Like 1

Thank you for the diagrams and YouTube link! Looking at the video, looks like it fits into the inlet manifold, as Peter said. If this is the case, at the moment, the hose is just in that hole and nothing else! 

Hoping the cambelt isn't damaged because of the oil and such! 

Any ideas on how much it would be to replace the cambelt? 

Car is nearly at the 100k mark. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club