Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB losing signal

CraigMcGregor

Hi guys. I’m new to all this so first time poster. I currently have a new shape 18 plate Ford Fiesta st line. I’m having real trouble with all DAB stations. It keeps losing signal all the time even when I’m not beside tall buildings etc.

is there any way I can sort this or does anyone recommend any better quality aerials instead of the box standard one?

thanks 

I had the same type of issues with my 15 plate, it was crystal clear but cut out too often. I just went back to bluetooth from my phone.

My 65 plate was the same. I have replaced it with an extra high gain antenna. I now get rock solid reception and can even pick up stations outside the official coverage area. A good antenna can make all the difference.

1 minute ago, cjay1 said:

My 65 plate was the same. I have replaced it with an extra high gain antenna. I now get rock solid reception and can even pick up stations outside the official coverage area. A good antenna can make all the difference.

Where do I get one of these mate? 

Got mine from www.dabonwheels.co.uk. dab works best with the aireal as close to vertical as possible.

We've been having trouble with 2 cars, recently the signal drop outs have increased on both despite no major changes to the surrounding area. It's frustrating but 2 different makes having the same issue means it's something we can't fix.

UK signal tends to be weaker than EU so dab systems designed for EU market can struggle in the UK. high gain amplified antenna do make the difference in UK.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club