Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

St-line v zetec s

darrendriver

Hi can anyone tell me what the difference is between st-line  and zetec s ? There doesn't seem to be  any from what I can tell

There isn't any difference. ST-Line is the new name for the Zetec S. 

Yeah it's just a new name to replace the zetec s name. 

On 11/4/2019 at 8:46 PM, zain611 said:

Yeah it's just a new name to replace the zetec s name. 

So people get it confused with an ST...

1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

So people get it confused with an ST...

I'd say it depends really. If it looks near enough the same as an ST from factory that may confuse people. It's like the mk6 zetec s and I believe the mk8 ST line having the same bumpers as the ST but some small differences 😂

One of my colleagues came up to me the other day saying his hire car was a Fiesta ST but that he wasn't that impressed with the performance. I said I didn't think a hire company would be giving out STs but he was adamant. So I went and had a look... You guessed it - 1.0L ST-Line :rolleyes1:

• Haha 1

I suppose they couldn't have a Zetec S now anyway, since they've dropped the Zetec! One effect of this I've noticed is the local NHS used to issue district nurses, etc with Zetecs which I would guess were 1.0 Ecoboosts.  Now the cheapest Ecoboost is the base ST-Line 100 so we have some rather racy looking nurses!

3 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I suppose they couldn't have a Zetec S now anyway, since they've dropped the Zetec!

No way!? I've owned both Fiesta and Focus Zetecs in the past. What's the equivalent now?

19 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

No way!? I've owned both Fiesta and Focus Zetecs in the past. What's the equivalent now?

Still a Focus Zetec afaik, but the Fiesta starts with the Trend (n/a 1.1 litre 85ps only) and moves on to Titanium/X, Vignale, ST-Line/X, ST2/3 (ST1 also axed recently) and the various Actives. I assume the demand for the Zetec, which once seemed the "core" model, was not there anymore, with all the other varieties nowadays.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club