Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel consumption 1.6 petrol automat

TTomek

Does anybody drive 1.6 petrol automat?

What is your fuel consumption?

My one (2006) takes 11.7 litre/100km in town which is way too much.

We drive a 1.6 petrol, but a manual - we get about 43mpg - I'll have to remember the conversion factor !

I think that works out about 7litre/100k

We drive a 1.6 petrol, but a manual - we get about 43mpg - I'll have to remember the conversion factor !
I think that works out about 7litre/100k
Wow that's 6.6 litre/100km - really good - it means Im 2x too much, must find the reason!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

We have the same engine, again with a manual box, in a 2007 Zetec S Fiesta, and we get about 40mpg - 7 litre/100k.  Despite the Fiesta being lighter, it has a lower final drive ratio, so revs are higher for same road speed.

My wife predominately drives the Fusion, and I drive the Fiesta - that might also account for the Fiesta using more fuel !

I think Fusion is an underated car, Small on the outside, big on the inside, with a boot like a box, with a low flat load floor, ideal for Mum in law's wheeler, Zimmerframe and wheelchair!

Er, yes. That is why the they punish us with £260 tax! Having had mine for most of this year, I've been wondering if something can be done about it. 

Actually, the fuel consumption is quite good if I drive over 50 mph when the torque convertor lock up engages so a lower engagement speed would help. By the way, does yours have a lock up in 3rd gear as stated, as mine does not.

I also posted this topic last month - what pressures do you use ?

29/26 is what I use and what the handbook says. Any more and it gets even bumpier than normal. 

I have a Petrol Fusion with a 1600cc engine and auto box. Around town I get 33mpg, on a long run involving motorways I get 41mpg.

• 2 months later...

Hi! Haven't logged in for ages and just saw this post. My Fusion 2006  1.6 Zetec Auto does 28.1 to 28.3 mpg max  - Annoying but it has been this way for 5 years, runs smoothly, sails through MOT emissions. Regularly serviced and all filters changed  - doesnt make any difference

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club