Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC and Ford Pass Update - 2017 Ecosport Titanium 1.5 TDCI

Ecosport_Fordy

Hi All,

I'm struggling to update SYNC to the latest version, I've downloaded the File from Ford using my VIN and extracted it to an 8GB Flash Drive which is formatted to FAT32. The Car says that it can't see the install file.

I've opened the install.lst file and checked the code with Notepad++ and everything is OK there.

I've tried different Flash Drives and again no luck,

The Car sees music on these flash drives so I know they work and the USB on the Car works.

Any Ideas?

Secondly...

I've been trying to update Ford Pass on the Car and when I just get the message Permissions Not Received. 

All necessary permissions are granted on the phone and I still can't get it to work.

Any Ideas?

Should be     ex FAT 32    ?

5 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Should be     ex FAT 32    ?

No the guide states Fat

Screenshot_20200630-134115.png

They are wrong, exfat definitely works, fat32 doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tried exfat, didn't work either 

I get the same in my wife’s Ecosport. Gave up after several attempts and asked the Lookers garage where she purchased it from to do it. They apparently have reported to Ford that they can’t get it to work either!!

I've just asked at the Garage I bought it from (Holdcroft Renault) and they told me I'd have to take it to ford garage for diagnostics! Bugger that! 

• Like 1

My Ford Pass was showing a continuos update message since May ,was advised to take it in to main dealer for a free software update.

Booked car in ,they said they carried out a "Audio System Software update check, but none available" , and i should take it to where it was bought from for them to sort it ...200 miles away !!!

The app is now frozen on opening page, wondering if its worth trying a re-install but dont know if i need any login info as i have none , so in limbo☹️

Any thoughts please ?

Am sure most  dealers are not up to speed on the app yet .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club