Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse issues.

Stevesixty7

Hey guys, it's been a while. I'm hoping someone can help with this. One morning I got in the car and started her up, put the lights on and I had headlights, but nothing on the dash and rear lights. I found that the red 30 amp fuse had blown, so replacing that was easy and all was good. After that I noticed that the brown 10 amp number plate fuse had blown too. I replaced that and the 30 amp blew again. At the moment I'm driving without the number plate lights as the main lights are more important. Any idea why these are blowing?

Thanks.

Tricky one, I would suggest maybe to check the connections to the actual number plate light and clean it maybe. Also check the wiring around the boot lid area for damage, it sounds like the number plate light is tripping the other fuse so possibly a wiring damaged. 

A faulty light switch control/stalk may also be the issue. 

I would disconnected the wiring at the number plate lights and try the fuse first, if it still blows then maybe try to trace it backwards and see if anything is obvious.

Hope this helps a little.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply mate, I'll give it a go and see.

Hopefully it's as simple as that, good luck with it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club