DaSingh

[MK3] Upgrading instrument cluster

So slowly slowly my list of mods have been increasing! Trying to keep it all factory and not go over the top. 

Now that my sync3 upgrade is done, I was thinking of doing the instrument cluster but from what I have read they are a few different types. 

I have a small blue screen in my 2013 Titanium which has the following options:

Trip, Settings and System check

So would like to upgrade to face-lift version. I have forscan license etc so should be able to match the milage as long as the one is I get is less than that mine is at the moment. 

Anything I else I need to look for? Would I need to run firmware update? Can I get any version or does one have more features? 

20201013_082702.jpg

I recently did this on mine and my partner's cars. I used the ones from the pre-facelift as I believe that using facelift ones will stop either the sound or visual display for the parking sensors, I can't remember which and also the light dimming won't work.

I updated the firmware on both with a ucds clone, I wouldn't attempt with an elm327 cable as it will take the best part of a day to update.

I have a ELS27 which I used to update firmware on APIM and ACM would that do? 

Is there much difference between the mk3 and mk3.5 cluster? 

I don't want to lose any features as I have just got my sync3 system all up to date and working correctly

I am not 100% sure with an ELS27 cable to be honest. I haven't used one myself.

In this thread there's some great info by Wilco regarding the clusters along with some info about MK3.5 and MK3.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/75747-mk3-instrument-cluster-swap/#comments

20 minutes ago, jlawes20389 said:

I am not 100% sure with an ELS27 cable to be honest. I haven't used one myself.

In this thread there's some great info by Wilco regarding the clusters along with some info about MK3.5 and MK3.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/75747-mk3-instrument-cluster-swap/#comments

Thanks looks like I need a mk3 2012-2014 level 3 cluster to save time changing the software. 

If I find one at a decent price I think I will do it. 

I got lucky with the two I purchased as I didn't check the mileage on them and they were low enough for my needs and I got them for £25 and £30.

I did have this one in my eBay watch list, not sure of the mileage as I didnt ask.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254624900224

May be worth checking out?

The problem I have is my car is low mileage so need to find below 35k