Do Not Sell My Personal Information

whats better for air (intake)?? fiesta stline

harzo

right to the point, i have an induction kit but love the look of the stock air box so my set up is = secondary hose - crossover pipe - primary hose - stock airbox BUT does this setup give the car more air this way or would having the air filter instead of the stock one be better? its for mapping the car next year

Just picture this, the stock airbox setup is good enough for the fiesta ST that produces 200 bhp. Any mods you do to this system will enhance sound and the overall throttle response (not by much)

You can achieve 150bhp on an ecoboost 1.0 with the stock setup just fine, so just keep it as it is now :D.

I'm running a panel filter on mine just for the extra sound tho.

• Like 1

How much extra sound do you get from a panel filter?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bongo2296 said:

How much extra sound do you get from a panel filter?

Extra sound? What extra sound are we talking about?

We currently have 2 x StLine X 140 fiestas. One the Mrs's and the other mine. Hers has the stock filter, mine has a panel filter......

I am not old and passed it by any sense of the imagination, I also have very good hearing and for the life of me and in my opinion I cannot hear any extra sound, any different noise, no marching bands or anything like such that is different between the 2 cars..... We are also not Conservative drivers whatsoever but the fuel economy between the 2 cars with different air filters is negligible to say the least.

On this score I will never waste another 40 plus quid i think it was on another panel filter as again, it is only my opinion, they bring nothing to the table whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Extra sound? What extra sound are we talking about?

We currently have 2 x StLine X 140 fiestas. One the Mrs's and the other mine. Hers has the stock filter, mine has a panel filter......

I am not old and passed it by any sense of the imagination, I also have very good hearing and for the life of me and in my opinion I cannot hear any extra sound, any different noise, no marching bands or anything like such that is different between the 2 cars..... We are also not Conservative drivers whatsoever but the fuel economy between the 2 cars with different air filters is negligible to say the least.

On this score I will never waste another 40 plus quid i think it was on another panel filter as again, it is only my opinion, they bring nothing to the table whatsoever.

I can definitely hear a difference at WOT , plus the recirc is clearly more audible. 

5 hours ago, Eliterox said:

Just picture this, the stock airbox setup is good enough for the fiesta ST that produces 200 bhp. Any mods you do to this system will enhance sound and the overall throttle response (not by much)

You can achieve 150bhp on an ecoboost 1.0 with the stock setup just fine, so just keep it as it is now :D.

I'm running a panel filter on mine just for the extra sound tho.

okay thanks

Am I the odd one out?   I'd pay extra to have my car quieter.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bobr said:

No, you're just getting old! 😛

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bobr said:

I wonder what all these boy racers are going to do in 15 years time when most cars will be fully electric, stick a massive speaker on the outside to make pops and bangs and turbo whistles?

😂.

For what it's worth, my advice on filter mods is to save your money and spend it on something that will improve the performance or handling instead.

• Like 2

I can remember changing my air filter whilst on a rolling road on previous car. Dirty paper vs new K&N panel. It made a whopping 1.1 BHP extra!! (+0.5%). I can't remember if it made any more induction noise. I was told at that time, it may increase a little more when ECU learns the new airflow. Different cars may produce different figures depending on how good/bad stock components are.

If you do decide to change the airbox and/or filter, I'd certainly suggest you do it before the remap.

6 hours ago, Bobr said:

Same here quiet car these days! 

10 hours ago, lillianna3 said:

setup is good enough for the fiesta ST that produces 200 bhp.  Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin Any mods you do to this system will enhance sound and the overall throttle response (not by much)

So I went and got a K&N drop in filter, not a massive difference but it's something. I do agree with the above post saying its louder at WOT, the power band seems to have moved slightly higher too. MPG has increased by about about 1.3, I drive the same roads in the same way everyday and it's been +/- 0.3 MPG the whole time until now.

Overall would I go and buy a brand new one? No. But getting a used one for £10 and using an existing cleaning kit was worth it in my opinion. These little 1l ecoboosts are quite sensitive to how you treat them I reckon, running Shell V-Power and now this K&N make a big difference to responsiveness, more than it has in any of my other cars before.

• Like 1

All fuel comes from the same refinery only difference is additives from suppliers. Top gear did a test and found no difference except your bill.

High performance cars only recommend to run on high octane fuel 98+ ron. - 300bhp and greater

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club