Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Energy chat, the future of car propulsion

StephenFord

No, the tuning will be for sound boxes to make your EV sound like a V8.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

No, the tuning will be for sound boxes to make your EV sound like a V8.

The Mustang has propulsion mode to make it sound like a V6 but it's not very realistic. Tried it a few times. 

11 minutes ago, iantt said:

The Mustang has propulsion mode to make it sound like a V6 but it's not very realistic. Tried it a few times. 

Kinda like those boy racers that install the fake turbo/blow off valve noise in their 1 liter Corsas LOL

Mustang is a good car as electric cars go but Can't get used to the one pedal operation though. Still prefer to use brake pedal to brake . 

3 minutes ago, YOG said:

Or in other words, Tory MPs who've been given a large brown envelope from the oil industry to fight ban, I guess they all need a new mobile phone soon at their old one has "broken"

30 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Or in other words, Tory MPs who've been given a large brown envelope from the oil industry to fight ban, I guess they all need a new mobile phone soon at their old one has "broken"

Brown envelopes or not, it's a reasonable point. I'm open to correction, but I don't recall anyone from the Conservative Party campaigning on the pledge to ban ICE by 2030.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Brown envelopes or not, it's a reasonable point. I'm open to correction, but I don't recall anyone from the Conservative Party campaigning on the pledge to ban ICE by 2030.

The actual statement in their 2019 manifesto is as follows (found on P55)

"We will support clean transport to ensure clean air, as well as setting strict new laws on air quality. We will consult on the earliest date by which we can phase out the sale of new conventional petrol and diesel cars..."

As can be seen, the lying government promised no more than a consultation, which never occurred, no one gave them authorsation or a mandate to make a unilateral decision to proceed with a ban...

• Like 1

We do have to do something though.  Even if cars are not actually the huge polluter I'd love to be able to go to somewhere like London and not come back with my nostrils full of black bogeys.

Edinburgh was nice as although it's a city it's near the coast so the air was still pretty good.

2 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

We do have to do something though.  Even if cars are not actually the huge polluter I'd love to be able to go to somewhere like London and not come back with my nostrils full of black bogeys.

I worked in London in the mid 90s, only city I've ever been in where I could feel grit in my hair at the end of the day (of course, I still had some hair then LOL). It's always been a dirty city - nothing new

Well Stephen what can I say ..... "I told you so !" 🤣

We are getting to good at this game, maybe we could appear on "Have I got news for you" 👍

• Haha 1

Should put the cat among the pigeons,  coming soon (maybe) the new tesla small hatchback costing $20K to $25K , so LESS than a focus

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 19.28.00.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Should put the cat among the pigeons,  coming soon (maybe) the new tesla small hatchback 

Autocar ran a story on that a few weeks ago, with the usual "artists impression". That image looks a bit better resolved.

Do you still have to navigate 20 sub menu options on the touchscreen just to open the glovebox or change wiper sensitivity?

• Haha 1

Look at the size of those damn wheels! :sad:  Just because it's at the same price point as the Focus doesn't mean it has to be as uncomfortable... :rolleyes: 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Do you still have to navigate 20 sub menu options on the touchscreen just to open the glovebox or change wiper sensitivity?

Totally agree, stupid ideas.
The good news is the more normal firms like Polestar, Hyundai and the rest will have to try and compete on price, Focus sized cars at under £21K will be a very good boost for EV take up

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Look at the size of those damn wheels! :sad:  Just because it's at the same price point as the Focus doesn't mean it has to be as uncomfortable... :rolleyes: 

Yep
Said it before I don't want 21" wheels and low profile tyres, an want 16" lots of rubber and a smooth ride, if it feels like an old sofa then great 🙂

• Like 6

Just been watching a video and the lady said in Scotland there is a scheme called ChargePlace Scotland which has 2500 charge points which are FREE to use apart from a £20 a year card.

That's a real incentive to go EV if you live there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark-UK said:

Just been watching a video and the lady said in Scotland there is a scheme called ChargePlace Scotland which has 2500 charge points which are FREE to use apart from a £20 a year card.

🙋🏼‍♂️ 

Like it or not we all need to go electric or hydrogen ASAP. I’m not a nationalist but they’re ahead of the game environment wise compared to rest of UK. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

You're sure it's not "free to use unless you're English"?  🤣

• Haha 4

Yep
Said it before I don't want 21" wheels and low profile tyres, an want 16" lots of rubber and a smooth ride, if it feels like an old sofa then great 🙂

I'm also less interested in it doing 0-60 in 3s and more if it has a decent real world range.

• Like 1

Yes, that's very good. I keep an eye out for EV charger locations/payment methods out of interest and it really is a mess as I've posted before. The UK Government seem to be belatedly grasping the nettle to some degree. I did see a report the  other day to the effect that if chargepoint operators don't act to make payment easy (e.g. by credit/debit card) they'll be compelled by law.

5 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I'm also less interested in it doing 0-60 in 3s and more if it has a decent real world range.

Yes, 6s would be fine for me!😀

I'm still way behind on the learning curve with EV's, but it does seem that longer range (generally achieved with a bigger battery) goes hand in hand with more performance, which is why Teslas have a decent range and go like stink.

I would have expected it would be possible (software??) to come up with a more useful range/performance mix. Often find myself wondering if some form of variable gearing might be an advantage over the single speed arrangement which seems universal at present.

(My Mrs is probably more resistant to EVs than I am mainly because she's never driven anything but a 3 pedal car, and I'm sure she's not the only one. Give an EV a clutch and gear lever and she'd be happy!😀)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club