Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

Yes I'd have it . Dont know when the 40 somethings will get it tho!  🙂

7 minutes ago, Morty1977 said:

Dont know when the 40 somethings will get it tho!  🙂

One consolation is by that time it will have been well tested on us wrinklies!.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dont worry I've got a few lines now .. only laughter lines round the old eyes tho 🙂

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

One consolation is by that time it will have been well tested on us wrinklies!.😀

Mind you its harsh in yorkshire plenty rain and wind ... weathers the old skin 😉

5 minutes ago, Morty1977 said:

Mind you its harsh in yorkshire plenty rain and wind ... weathers the old skin 😉

It blows from the West so it hits you lot first!😃

• Haha 1

Been to many rugby games in yorkshire .. always worse over on the dark side  especially castleford wakefield Bradford 🙂

4 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

With Thalidomide no one knew about any side effects until at least 9 months after it was given to women. And as someone who lived through that period the whole issue was surrounded by conspiracy and corruption within the pharmaceutical industry.

Did you see the BBC 4 programme about disability a few weeks ago?  There was a guy on there with no arms due to his mother taking Thalidomide...  He DROVE to the filming and has been driving for decades with no arms! 😮  Made me wonder how he does so many other things...  I know it's totally off-topic but he does drive a Mk1 Focus so kind of forum related at least! :laugh: 

Test it on the pedophiles and people who do things to old people, let them put something back into society.

5 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Not really the same situation though is it? With Thalidomide no one knew about any side effects until at least 9 months after it was given to women. And as someone who lived through that period the whole issue was surrounded by conspiracy and corruption within the pharmaceutical industry. With Covid vaccines the whole global pharma community are studying and evaluating any possible vaccines.

So ok let's wait 10 years just to make sure its really safe. You don't need a university education to work out what might happen.By then if not dead we'll probably all be on the streets, oh and there will be no industry left to make anything anyway. This is like a war and in war drastic measures have to be taken . Some of which may not be successful as had been hoped.

Definitely respect your point there. I know how hard it is at the moment especially with companies going bust and the economy going downhill. I'm really struggling to get a job due to the current situation 😥

Generally it takes about 5 years for clinical trials phase 1-3 to be done to get the most accurate results. I understand that with what covid had done with the economy they need to get a vaccine out. My main worry is that I hope there's no severe adverse reactions when people take it especially in the long run. The Pfizer phase 3 trials commenced in July so 5 months ago. I just hope that there's no issues with this in several more months or a year to come.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

There was a guy on there with no arms due to his mother taking Thalidomide...  He DROVE to the filming and has been driving for decades with no arms! 😮  

Yeah, some people drive without using the arms they've got. A delivery driver went past our house yesterday driving while unscrewing his Thermos flask. I claim vague topicality as it was a Transit!😃

But on the main point, yes, thalidomide went through my mind as well, remembering the tragic cases there. I think, though, that thalidomide was originally developed for other reasons (cancer?) and then claimed to have benefits in reducing nausea in pregnancy amongst other things. So I definitely respect the views of those who have genuine concerns (as opposed to those who think it's a green lizard conspiracy) and am a bit uneasy about suggestions that there should be some stigmatisation of people who don't take it.

Really though, if we want to get out of this any time soon, I can see no other realistic options on the table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thalidomide is often used as an argument not to be cautious about new drugs because it is well known. But it's well known exactly because it's an example of how not to release a drug. There are plenty of other drugs out there that aren't thalidomide and don't have serious side effects. 

Add to that significant advances in medical science, the number of laboratories independently involved in developing the vaccines, and changes to the certification process, and you get a result that's likely to be as safe as paracetamol. 

The alternative to this, or any future pandemic, would be for everyone to live in bunkers which would be a shame as a) it would be nice to get back to just going out for a drive and b) the ammo is running out on my autocannons that are keeping the coronavirus-zombies at bay. 

• Like 5

For anyone who doesn't know, Thalidomide was a Drug, not a Vaccine and was released over 60 years ago when the world was a different place to what it is now.

The Anti-Vaxxers are scraping the bottom of the barrel by trying to frighten people with that and and other things like continuing to claim and publish the Covid survival rate when they can't possibly know what the true rate is. They were proved completely wrong about the Flu death rate so they have moved onto something else.

If anyone does not want to take a drug or vaccine then that is up to them, but they should not impose their will on innocent people by frightening them, mostly with lies and sitting back laughing when the innocent people republish their lies and claim that they are facts for other innocent people to be taken in.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tizer said:

For anyone who doesn't know, Thalidomide was a Drug, not a Vaccine and was released over 60 years ago when the world was a different place to what it is now.

The Anti-Vaxxers are scraping the bottom of the barrel by trying to frighten people with that and and other things like continuing to claim and publish the Covid survival rate when they can't possibly know what the true rate is. They were proved completely wrong about the Flu death rate so they have moved onto something else.

If anyone does not want to take a drug or vaccine then that is up to them, but they should not impose their will on innocent people by frightening them, mostly with lies and sitting back laughing when the innocent people republish their lies and claim that they are facts for other innocent people to be taken in.

👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, erictcleric said:

Thalidomide is often used as an argument not to be cautious about new drugs because it is well known. But it's well known exactly because it's an example of how not to release a drug. There are plenty of other drugs out there that aren't thalidomide and don't have serious side effects. 

Add to that significant advances in medical science, the number of laboratories independently involved in developing the vaccines, and changes to the certification process, and you get a result that's likely to be as safe as paracetamol. 

The alternative to this, or any future pandemic, would be for everyone to live in bunkers which would be a shame as a) it would be nice to get back to just going out for a drive and b) the ammo is running out on my autocannons that are keeping the coronavirus-zombies at bay. 

👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yeah, some people drive without using the arms they've got. A delivery driver went past our house yesterday driving while unscrewing his Thermos flask. I claim vague topicality as it was a Transit!😃

But on the main point, yes, thalidomide went through my mind as well, remembering the tragic cases there. I think, though, that thalidomide was originally developed for other reasons (cancer?) and then claimed to have benefits in reducing nausea in pregnancy amongst other things. So I definitely respect the views of those who have genuine concerns (as opposed to those who think it's a green lizard conspiracy) and am a bit uneasy about suggestions that there should be some stigmatisation of people who don't take it.

Really though, if we want to get out of this any time soon, I can see no other realistic options on the table.

👍

• Like 2

The latest one is that hackers are trying to disrupt the vaccine distrubution.
Utter scum.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 12/3/2020 at 8:09 PM, Stoney871 said:

The latest one is that hackers are trying to disrupt the vaccine distrubution.
Utter scum.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Scum isn't strong enough they need sending to an island and the others with them let them destroy each other, I'm lost for words, we do everything we can to keep safe and this people want to destroy the decent of our society.

• Like 2

Truly however, I can't see needles or blood on TV without setting off frenzy. Alongside issues simply going out, managing individuals and entering structures its absolutely impossible I'll have the option to have it done. 

• Like 1

Here is ABSOLUTE reason why to ignore the rubbish and to have the vac:

So, as a clinical trials doctor, I am going to tell you what I do for most of those ten years – and it is not very much.”

He went on to explain all the red tape, waiting and paperwork which is usually involved in committing 10 years to clinical research.

During the article he said time is spent writing and submitting grants, rewriting them, waiting for review, resubmitting, liasing with ethics boards, recruiting and finding trial sites.

He said: “Next time somebody expresses concern at the astonishing speed the vaccine trials have happened at, point out to them that ten years isn’t a good thing, it’s a bad thing. It’s not ten years because that is safe, it’s ten hard years of battling indifference, commercial imperatives, luck and red tape.

“Safety has not been compromised. All trials have been through the correct “phases” or process of any normal drug or vaccine. Hundreds of thousands of the very best of us volunteered and had an experimental vaccine.”

• Like 3

I do hope nothing happens to Maggie.  If she gets ill now, even if it is nothing to do with covid, that would just fuel the fire.

• Like 2

I hope all the elderly that are getting it, are blood donors, 

Share the wealth 😂

• Like 2

It's good to see the vaccination programme is well under way. Hope they update the official daily statistics to include vaccinations carried out each day, to give something more cheerful than the current daily figures for deaths, hospital admissions, people testing positive for the virus, etc!😃

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It's good to see the vaccination programme is well under way. Hope they update the official daily statistics to include vaccinations carried out each day, to give something more cheerful than the current daily figures for deaths, hospital admissions, people testing positive for the virus, etc!😃

I'm sure they'll find another negative figure....  Vaccination allergic reactions or something. :laugh:

• Like 1