Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

There's already been two allergic reactions yesterday. Both NHS staff but non life threatening according to the BBC news.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Wino said:

There's already been two allergic reactions yesterday. Both NHS staff but non life threatening according to the BBC news.

Apparently they both had significant histories of allergic reactions to the extent that they carry adrenaline pens. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It's good to see the vaccination programme is well under way. Hope they update the official daily statistics to include vaccinations carried out each day, to give something more cheerful than the current daily figures for deaths, hospital admissions, people testing positive for the virus, etc!😃

I hope so too because I think the daily figures will go up again after this month for obvious reasons.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Apparently they both had significant histories of allergic reactions to the extent that they carry adrenaline pens. 

Yes, the Tinfoil on the Head brigade have posted the Clickbait part of it on social media already instead of reading the whole article. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tizer said:

I hope so too because I think the daily figures will go up again after this month for obvious reasons.

Sadly, I think you might be right John.😒

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What's the reason having to have a follow-up why not all in one go as it's that safe or is it 2 types.

Also is there any figures out there who dies each week having Flu but they have had the Flue jab.???

I would say i would have it of course for myself but mainly for spreading it to other people as it can be a silent killer and what i mean by that is you could have it with no symptoms go by a person with problems/elderly etc and then it's a battle to get over it.

• Like 1

There are a few jabs where you have to have 2 doses to get the full effect, it's not about safety.

You can think of it like like switching on the ignition to prime the fuel pump before attempting to start the engine...  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

There are a few jabs where you have to have 2 doses to get the full effect, it's not about safety.

You can think of it like like switching on the ignition to prime the fuel pump before attempting to start the engine...  

FIRST JABS THE MICROCHIP FOR TRACK AND TRACE!

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

What's the reason having to have a follow-up why not all in one go as it's that safe or is it 2 types.

That is normal for some vaccines. When I had to get a Rabies vaccination it was given in 3 dozes over a few weeks.

The ONS never used to collate figures for Flu deaths but they did this year to counter the lies that were being spread about and I think it was about 500 odd. I doubt if they broke it down to people who had been vaccinated but you could ask them if you are concerned.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Sounds as if the Oxford jab is very much like that. They discovered (by chance or accident depending who you believe) that it works best as a half dose to get the immune system going, followed by a full dose.

I'm not that bothered how many doses are needed tbh, as long as:

a) I get it asap

b) It works!😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Brings back nightmares of pressing the heater plugs down for 2 mins every morning to get the old Bedford to fire up ( Diesel) 😮

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Sounds as if the Oxford jab is very much like that. They discovered (by chance or accident depending who you believe) that it works best as a half dose to get the immune system going, followed by a full dose.

I'm not that bothered how many doses are needed tbh, as long as:

a) I get it asap

b) It works!😀

(c) if it doesn't work kiss your ***** good bye

once upon a time students use to get paid for testing drugs now everyone seems to be guinea pigs.

best thing is hands space face.

35 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

(c) if it doesn't work kiss your ***** good bye

once upon a time students use to get paid for testing drugs now everyone seems to be guinea pigs.

It has to be tested on a representative sample of the population .Young students hardly fit the profile in any way.

1 hour ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Lol I don't mind carrying on with hands and space anyway, but I'm not wearing a flippin' facemask for ever! I'll take my chances with the vaccine, thanks.😀

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

It has to be tested on a representative sample of the population .Young students hardly fit the profile in any way.

You don't have to be young to be a student. Still no indication for long term effects if any.

There has been many vaccinations deemed safe that has caused damage years later with major law suits.

You have to ask yourself do you feel lucky punk 😜 sorry dirty harry quote.

Many people that have survived still have long term issues even without vaccination.

Mine you its hard to recover from death so you have to decide which is worst of 2 evils and if you don't get vaccinated you may be banned from things without proof of having it.

How long are you immune with vaccination covid 19 has been going on for a year now and has already mutated in to weak and strong - Lewis Hamilton must of had the weak version as hes already recovered and won the Abu Dhabi F1 GP - sorry thats tomorrow😁

• Like 1

Lol I'm suffering from something and sadly think it might be covid. 

Tuesday started to get aching joints and a fever then followed with a sore throat and blocked sinuses. Today fever went away a few days back and my throat is getting better. Just my sinuses have left me imbalanced. 

Just hoping if it is covid I don't get no serious symptoms like breathing difficulties or permanent lung damage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I don't know the true answer for this, but one reason could be to ensure that a sufficient quantity of the vaccine remains inside the body, I know one ingredient in all of them is an highly expensive organic based cholesterol which could be the reason for the second round of the vaccine to ensure it amalgamates with the body's natural cholesterol.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigLen said:

I don't know the true answer for this, but one reason could be to ensure that a sufficient quantity of the vaccine remains inside the body, I know one ingredient in all of them is an highly expensive organic based cholesterol which could be the reason for the second round of the vaccine to ensure it amalgamates with the body's natural cholesterol.

Good job I I got high cholesterol then 😂😂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, mokes said:

I would not have it.

Not proven to be safe, not proven to work 100%, comes with unknown risks, I don't trust the government, etc etc....

Watch out for those pesky 5G towers as well while you're at it.

How does your foil hat look with your mask?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

I think that this very same question needs to be set up in a poll type post. Aaaaaaaand No way would I be taking the vaccine or would I recommend it to any one. Most vaccines are cooked inside animal parts and actually give you a dose of what ever it is they are trying to treat, so no no no.

its safe as long as:

you are not pregnant

suffer from allergies

younger than 16

you are the 5% it won't work on

live near a 5G tower😜

sounds fit for purpose not!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

It's funny this post should be made, I was in iceland doing some shopping and while I was waiting, in the queue, to be served at the till, one of the local drug dealers came into the shop and started shouting and ranting about the vaccine.

He bellowed out that the government had given the vaccine providers legal immunity from prosecution if any people got side effects from the vaccine. It was clear he had a dislike to the vaccine and touted the premise of the government trying to control every body, and then at the last point of the rant he then vociferated, loudly, the word, "freedom".

What is not clear here is if he was just being jealous because he had not been granted the same legal immunity while peddling  his drugs to the public.

I think he had been living near to a 5g tower or been smokin too much herb, one or the two.

Might be a different kettle of fish over here in the UK once your quarantine is over.

Time will tell.

• Haha 3

This topic has descended into a conspiracy theory rant.

Please do not post information quoting unsubstantiated claims that are rife on the internet.

• Like 4

Yes.  Pretty much all vaccines have an inert or otherwise harmless form of the virus.  This shows the pattern to your immune system which develops the antibodies.  It is not a cure.

A normal vaccine take years to produce because of funding and company politics.  It will get lab tested then it might wait a year for the next departmental budget.  Then it goes for the next test. And waits for budget for the next phase.  Then it goes for approval and waits for the approval board to get the time and money 

All these delays have been removed for the covid vaccines but the process has remained the same.

All these people who think it's a conspiracy.  Why?  Who gains?  The Tories certainly haven't.  What, they get the biggest landslide victory in decades and then think no, let's get everyone out of work and hating us?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

All these people who think it's a conspiracy.  Why?  Who gains?  The Tories certainly haven't.  What, they get the biggest landslide victory in decades and then think no, let's get everyone out of work and hating us?

Indeed, I was talking to my fellow Illuminati members, and we can't work out who benefits either. 

Also, if this was some nefarious plot, it'd be far easier just to put something in the water supply instead of relying on an injection that the exact people you want to target won't take. 

Roll on the vaccine, I say. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club