Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611
聽Share

19 hours ago, StephenFord said:

suggested as I was there, I should get mine too LOL), & had flu last week, so rock on winter!

You should have a "Glow" round you like the Ready Brek Kid 馃榾

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, unofix said:

You should have a "Glow" round you like the Ready Brek Kid 馃榾

One of life's disappointments because as a kid, after harassing my mum to buy it for me, I never did have that lovely glow around me LOL 馃ぃ

• Haha 2

I wonder how bored the receptionist is getting of jokes regarding the 'back door entry'...聽:whistling:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I wonder how bored the receptionist is getting of jokes regarding the 'back door entry'...聽:whistling:

family-planning.jpg

• Haha 6

On 11/6/2021 at 1:30 PM, StephenFord said:

On reading that back, sounds as if I had bunked the queue, I had a legitimate appointment anyway for the Monday, just wanted to save a repeat trip to the Dr as I'm trying to stay 'green' LOL

Well, had my booster at 3.30pm today (Pfizer) to add to my previous shots of Astra Zeneca. Walked there and back (about 4 miles round trip) - like Stephen, I'm trying to be green馃榾

No reactions so far, but interestingly this time they were quite keen for you to hang around for 10-15 minutes. By the time you've sorted yourself out, read the leaflet and popped to the loo, you're about done anyway, so no bother. But disappointed there were no tea and biccies on offer, though!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

No reactions so far, but interestingly this time they were quite keen for you to hang around for 10-15 minutes.

I spent my 15 minutes driving home LOL 馃ぃ I'm a real rebel!

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2021 at 7:36 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Well, had my booster at 3.30pm today (Pfizer) to add to my previous shots of Astra Zeneca. Walked there and back (about 4 miles round trip) - like Stephen, I'm trying to be green馃榾

No reactions so far, but interestingly this time they were quite keen for you to hang around for 10-15 minutes. By the time you've sorted yourself out, read the leaflet and popped to the loo, you're about done anyway, so no bother. But disappointed there were no tea and biccies on offer, though!

I鈥檓 edging towards not having the booster at the moment.The inventor of the AZ vaccination has publicly said a booster is not necessary if you have had the AZ jabs.That鈥檚 good enough for me.Any idea if there is an AZ booster on offer?

34 minutes ago, williamweb said:

I鈥檓 edging towards not having the booster at the moment.The inventor of the AZ vaccination has publicly said a booster is not necessary if you have had the AZ jabs.That鈥檚 good enough for me.Any idea if Is there an AZ booster on offer?

I had the AZ original double jab. It's often quoted that a 'mix' of brands increases your protection. I've been getting flu jabs for over 20 years, never had a 2nd thought about any vaccine. So I now have a mixture of AZ and Pfeizer. It's 'free' and I'm very tolerant of all meds I've ever had, so for me, why not. I respect your decision though...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I had the AZ original double jab. It's often quoted that a 'mix' of brands increases your protection.聽

Yes, likewise, everything I've seen suggests a "cocktail" of types gives you more protection. I have seen something about the AZ being given as a booster, but I think that's in cases where the individual can't take the Pfizer or Moderna for some medical reason, or in a situation where it's the only thing available.

As before, though, it's a case of you get what you're given. Clearly, as a Yorkshireman, I'm not going to turn down a free jab!.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, likewise, everything I've seen suggests a "cocktail" of types gives you more protection.

I guess it's like your, '5 a day'. Eating 5 apples won't do it, you need a mixture of fruit to give a wider variety of nutrients!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

The inventor of the AZ vaccination has publicly said a booster is not necessary if you have had the AZ jabs.

I'd seen the statement by Professor Gilbert which is mentioned in this article and was I think made while the scope and extent of the booster campaign was still under consideration. She was saying a booster may not be necessary for some people, but seemed to be suggesting that it would be a good idea for us older types, plus those who have underlying conditions or are having treatment which compromised their natural immunity.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/covid-vaccine-creator-mass-boosters-unnecessary-79935446

23 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

The inventor of the AZ vaccination has publicly said a booster is not necessary if you have had the AZ jabs.

Just picking you up on misquoting StephenFord馃憤

• Like 1

Managed to get mine booked for later this month.聽聽

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Just picking you up on misquoting StephenFord馃憤

Hey, that's weird. I was meaning to quote you of course, how did Stephen get in there? I must have quoted Stephen quoting you. But now you've quoted me quoting Stephen quoting you!馃榾

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Hey, that's weird. I was meaning to quote you of course, how did Stephen get in there? I must have quoted Stephen quoting you. But now you've quoted me quoting Stephen quoting you!馃榾

Too much quoting going on here. The French will be up in arms.Or is there something fishy going on ?聽馃槈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today's "what a dope" moment.

Putting on my lightweight waterproof to pop out, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Was it a side effect of the booster jab yesterday ? Or the first sign of that heart attack my doctors keep promising me? No, the large pin I'd used to attach my Remembrance Poppy had come right through my coat and stabbed me in the chest!馃榾

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Today's "what a dope" moment.

Putting on my lightweight waterproof to pop out, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Was it a side effect of the booster jab yesterday ? Or the first sign of that heart attack my doctors keep promising me? No, the large pin I'd used to attach my Remembrance Poppy had come right through my coat and stabbed me in the chest!馃榾

Tea and biscuits ?馃槀

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Not sure the NHS would cover that. Might have to go private.

• Haha 2

Took the Mrs for her booster 9.30 this morning. She got the Moderna vaccine, first person we know to have got this. All good so far, she didn't even feel the needle.聽

Had covid beat covid, had worse colds to be honest so no I won't be having the vaccine, natural immunity for the win. I know of people who are vaccinated and up to date on their 90th booster and still caught Covid again and I was in the presence of one and never caught it from her a second time. If you wanna have it go for it and if you dont then dont but what I would say is lets not aid in the division calling for people to lose out on regular freedoms such as leisure and travel because of their decision to trust their immune system as oppose to governments and pharma companies, its not selfish, if the vaccine and face mask actually work then its self inflicted and nobody elses business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We could always start a discussion on how ludicrous 'vaccine passports' are! Given that those double jabbed with booster (like me) can still pass it on, what's the f*ckin' point!! Nothing more than political theater, like the wearing of face coverings...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club