Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

On 9/12/2021 at 7:38 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

On the face covering topic, I've mentioned previously that I've contacted my MP several times on the subject of better advice on effective types of covering for the vulnerable. He was told this would be forthcoming but it doesn't seem to have happened.

One thing I have spotted is that the official guidance on transparent visors now states that they are effectively useless against Covid, although you're unlikely to find the information unless you hunt for it. I was in Tesco the other day and at least 3 customers were wearing one.

Popped in Tesco again the other day and still spotted people wearing theses visors which, as even the Government say as above, are useless. 

Tesco still have a "Please wear a face covering if you can policy" though at my local their staff don't seem to bother. There is a big college opposite and hordes of maskless students flock in - we joke "how many students does it take to buy one Mars bar?" . 

Anyway, so this massive, well laid out, well ventilated store still has this policy. Outside in the car park is a Timpsons outlet in a little unit about the size of my garden shed. I popped in for a couple of keys and did ask the (maskless) guy out of courtesy about face coverings but he just said "entirely your choice".

If you watch someone vaping you can see just how far what they are breathing out can go.  That's what a face covering cuts down on.  It may be a small benefit but it is still significant.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

If you watch someone vaping you can see just how far what they are breathing out can go.  That's what a face covering cuts down on.  It may be a small benefit but it is still significant.

I've never ever felt the need to wear a face covering to cut down on secondary vaping! 🤣

2 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

It may be a small benefit but it is still significant.

That's exactly what Patrick Vallance said the other day.

If it were in some way quantifiable it might help the case. They seem to have no difficulty coming up with estimates of lives saved by the vaccine. According to PHE vaccines have now saved 123,000 lives and prevented 231,000 hospital admissions in England, but "small but significant" is the best they can come up with for face coverings.

36 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Anyway, so this massive, well laid out, well ventilated store still has this policy. Outside in the car park is a Timpsons outlet in a little unit about the size of my garden shed. I popped in for a couple of keys and did ask the (maskless) guy out of courtesy about face coverings but he just said "entirely your choice".

No-one can breathe inside Timspons tbf! :biggrin: 

12 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

That's exactly what Patrick Vallance said the other day.

Ever heard the phrase, 'follow the money'? Well, Valance is paid by the government. In addition, in the 60s we were taught, 'coughs & sneezes spread diseases'. This mantra has been lost with the current generation as they cough, splutter and spit over all and sundry.

The best place to catch Covid is in hospital, and to this day, it remains that the biggest age group that die from Covid are over 80.

Last week, w/e 10th September, 8% of deaths in the UK were registered as 'Covid, leaving 92% other causes such as pneumonia, cancer, heart disease etc etc, yet the BBC still insist on brainwashing the public daily that the only cause of UK death is Covid...

On 9/25/2021 at 9:31 AM, Guy Heaton said:

All those lovely exhaled aerosol chemicals mixing and killing the Covid virus. I’m not a scientist though ha ha😀

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Last week, w/e 10th September, 8% of deaths in the UK were registered as 'Covid, leaving 92% other causes

A very valid point. What I find very concerning is that the 8% of deaths recorded as 'Covid' just means that they had been infected with covid19 in the last 28 days. The real cause of death could be 'ran over by a bus' or 'had a stroke' or 'slipped and fell downstairs' and yet the death is still being listed as 'Covid'  -  Why?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, unofix said:

The real cause of death could be 'ran over by a bus' or 'had a stroke' or 'slipped and fell downstairs' and yet the death is still being listed as 'Covid'  -  Why?

I have argued this point for over a year now since 1st discovering this major anomaly. The public inquiry (if/when carried out) will uncover a whole can of worms on how lockdown, reporting etc has been such a screw up.

In addition, the future deaths that will occur because the NHS shut down for the duration will sadly eclipse Covid deaths.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Ever heard the phrase, 'follow the money'? Well, Valance is paid by the government. In addition, in the 60s we were taught, 'coughs & sneezes spread diseases'. This mantra has been lost with the current generation as they cough, splutter and spit over all and sundry.

There have been posters and ads about for 'Catch it, bin it, kill it' for at least a decade...  Some people are just disgusting, regardless of age! :unsure:   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

The best place to catch Covid is in hospital,

According to the senior partner at my GPs, it's the best place to catch anything!😃

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, unofix said:

The real cause of death could be 'ran over by a bus' or 'had a stroke' or 'slipped and fell downstairs' and yet the death is still being listed as 'Covid'  -  Why?

When listed as Covid it means that Covid was a major contributing factor, you may die of Respiratory failure or  Sepsis but this was either brought on by Covid or made acutely more severe.

It's like saying nobody dies of cancer, they die because their liver failed or the lungs failed.

But it's the cancer the brought on the organ failure, that's how Covid works.

People who get run over by a bus who've test positive for Covid are NOT counted in the Covid death rates, just as people who have terminal cancer and are run over by a bus are not put down as dying  of cancer.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

When listed as Covid it means that Covid was a major contributing factor, you may die of Respiratory failure or  Sepsis but this was either brought on by Covid or made actually more severe.

It's like saying nobody dies of cancer, they die because their liver failed or the lungs failed.

But it's the cancer the brought on the organ failure, that's how Covid works.

People who get run over by a bus who've test positive for Covid are NOT counted in the Covid death rates, just as people who have terminal cancer and are run over by a bus are not put down as dying  of cancer.

Accurate recorded causes of death ha ha ha.

7 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

... Anyway, so this massive, well laid out, well ventilated store still has this policy. Outside in the car park is a Timpsons outlet in a little unit about the size of my garden shed. I popped in for a couple of keys and did ask the (maskless) guy out of courtesy about face coverings but he just said "entirely your choice".

Curiously, on Thursday I too had some keys cut and, not having much confidence in the establishment (not a Timpson's) nearest me, I walked to one three miles away that I'd used before. It's down some steps in a basement. The doorway had a locked grill gate across it, with some perspex and a bell to ring. A young man appeared on the other side and explained that he'd only had a single jab, so I would have to wait outside. I passed the time watching two blokes laying paving slabs on the pavement. (Quite labour intensive.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark-UK said:

People who get run over by a bus who've test positive for Covid are NOT counted in the Covid death rates

I think that's correct Mark. This is what the Office of National Statistics say on their website:

"If someone dies in circumstances involving an accident, violence or suspicious circumstances, the case is referred to a coroner for investigation. A post-mortem examination is carried out and usually an inquest is held. The Coroner's Court hears all the evidence and follows legal rules of evidence when deciding the causes of death. It is extremely unlikely that a coroner would find that someone was involved in a traffic accident, or was the victim of violence, because of having COVID-19 or a positive COVID-19 test -- so they would not mention COVID-19 on the death certificate. This applies to any death caused by an accident, violence, poisoning, or other external causes.  Even if in an unusual case a death certificate mentioned both COVID-19 and a traffic accident (or other external causes), the World Health Organisation (WHO) rules for coding deaths mean that the traffic accident would be identified as the underlying cause of death in our data."

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marlburian said:

Curiously, on Thursday I too had some keys cut and, not having much confidence in the establishment (not a Timpson's) nearest me, I walked to one three miles away that I'd used before. It's down some steps in a basement. The doorway had a locked grill gate across it, with some perspex and a bell to ring. A young man appeared on the other side and explained that he'd only had a single jab, so I would have to wait outside. I passed the time watching two blokes laying paving slabs on the pavement. (Quite labour intensive.)

I think I'll stick with Timpsons!😃

On 9/25/2021 at 4:41 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I think that's correct Mark. This is what the Office of National Statistics say on their website:

"If someone dies in circumstances involving an accident, violence or suspicious circumstances, the case is referred to a coroner for investigation. A post-mortem examination is carried out and usually an inquest is held. The Coroner's Court hears all the evidence and follows legal rules of evidence when deciding the causes of death. It is extremely unlikely that a coroner would find that someone was involved in a traffic accident, or was the victim of violence, because of having COVID-19 or a positive COVID-19 test -- so they would not mention COVID-19 on the death certificate. This applies to any death caused by an accident, violence, poisoning, or other external causes.  Even if in an unusual case a death certificate mentioned both COVID-19 and a traffic accident (or other external causes), the World Health Organisation (WHO) rules for coding deaths mean that the traffic accident would be identified as the underlying cause of death in our data."

Sad I know but my level of trust in these government bodies is very low. These day’s I don’t believe or trust much unless I see it with my own eyes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A poor old guy who was suffering with really bad Covid19 sneezed and had a dizzy spell, then tripped and fell under a bus and was killed.

Was the cause of death:

(a) Covid19 - because he had a really bad case of it and that caused the sneeze

(b) A road traffic accident because he got run over by a bus

(c) Misadventure

Answer at the bottom .......

(c) - he was as drunk as a skunk 🤣

• Like 1

I was forced to take my second covid jab a few days back 😂.

Was on my hospital shift the next day and started feeling feverish and lethargic. Thankfully all good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I was forced to take my second covid jab a few days back 😂.

I'm curious, how, and why were you 'forced'?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Why was he even out with a bad case of symptomatic Covid

He wasn't stupid, he had gone to buy some face masks and just called in to the pub for a few medicinal whiskys 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

Pretty sure that here in Scotland the daily death rates include anyone who 'tested positive in the last 28 days' 

Disclaimer: I may be inaccurate with the days!

I know of one local case, anecdotally, whereby a patient tested positive, had a heart attack a few days later, was waiting for an ambulance flight down to Aberdeen and died. Put down to COVID........ apparently 🤷

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club