Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus steering wheel upgrade

Garry002

Did you read @JW1982 post of 5th November 2022 ?

I reposted it above 19th November 2022. It explains what needs to be done.

7 minutes ago, unofix said:

Did you read @JW1982 post of 5th November 2022 ?

I reposted it above 19th November 2022. It explains what needs to be done.

OK cheers I'll take a look

Does anyone know about power seat upgrade from Zetec to Titanium X. Just need power to move seat not bothered about heat. I have no fuse in F9 in boot board.

Thanks 

ZETEC.jpg

TITANIUMX.jpg

Apologies for the hijack guys, but been reading through this with intent today and just wanted to check something…

If I manage to pick up a Mk3 wheel which has cruise controls but it basically still a Mk3 wheel and not a Mk3.5 wheel, would I still need to swap out the airbag and other components or just swap the wheel and program?

Many thanks!

I can't fully answer the question, but I would expect that you will still have to change the clock spring.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, unofix said:

I can't fully answer the question, but I would expect that you will still have to change the clock spring.

My left trip computer buttons don't work after steering wheel mk3.5 upgrade, I'm ok without them but IPC is stuck counting mileage 

Is there anyway at all just to change the screen to the 4 box split at least if that is there forever I have multi info? Forscan?

Cheers

On 3/25/2021 at 9:52 PM, JPW said:

You need the steering wheel, airbag and the newer MK3.5 clockspring as the MK3 one from 2012 is not compatible. Possibly also a new harness which includes the connector for the cruise control buttons.

It all works fine, you'll just have to amend some settings to enable the buttons to work and also the cruise control.

@kevgals has just done this, maybe he can provide some more details.

My left trip computer buttons don't work after steering wheel mk3.5 upgrade, I'm ok without them but IPC is stuck counting mileage 

Is there anyway at all just to change the screen to the 4 box split at least if that is there forever I have multi info? Forscan?

Cheers

1 minute ago, shawstvs1 said:

Not that I'm aware of. The Mk3 and the Mk3.5 use a different BCM and different software.

The only person that can probably give you the full answer is @JW1982

• 1 year later...

Hi all, i have just done a round trip  of 20 miles to Hendy ford to get my cruise control activated. I have had the appointment  for almost a week and Hendy's have emailed me 3 times to check that i am going to turn up. Well   i did turn up and was told by the receptionist that they cannot do it because the car has never had cruise control. Am i now stuck or is it possible to get the activation sorted? I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction to carry out the job.

10 minutes ago, Geraldo18 said:

that they cannot do it because the car has never had cruise control. Am i now stuck or is it possible to get the activation sorted?

Have you fitted the steering wheel with the cruise control buttons ?

6 minutes ago, Geraldo18 said:

Hi all, i have just done a round trip  of 20 miles to Hendy ford to get my cruise control activated. I have had the appointment  for almost a week and Hendy's have emailed me 3 times to check that i am going to turn up. Well   i did turn up and was told by the receptionist that they cannot do it because the car has never had cruise control. Am i now stuck or is it possible to get the activation sorted? I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction to carry out the job.

I would add that i have replaced the steering wheel with a later version  with all of the necessary buttons, the air bag and clock spring  from a 2016 focus. All of the buttons are fully working except of course  the cruise.          

Yes i have fitted a wheel .air .bag and clock spring from a working 2016 focus

17 minutes ago, Geraldo18 said:

Yes i have fitted a wheel .air .bag and clock spring from a working 2016 focus

Then you should be able to enable standard CC using FORScan.

You will need the licensed version of FORScan (£12) and a vLinker FS cable (approx £33) and of course a Windows based laptop.

FORScan: https://www.forscan.org/download.html

vLinker FS cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-vLinker-Adapter-FORScan-MS-CAN/dp/B0952P4MLP

Hi  unofix, as you can see i am not very computer savy. The linker i presume is the obd plugin  unit and the cable i take it is the connection from that to the computer am i right?

29 minutes ago, Geraldo18 said:

The linker i presume is the obd plugin  unit and the cable i take it is the connection from that to the computer am i right?

Wrong.

vLinker FS is the cable with the OBDII dongle, just click on the amazon link and look at the picture.

OK thanks for the info unofix

I have just Had my activation done by a local auto electronics guy and he has told me that they have activated the cruise but there is a problem with the connection between the cruise buttons and the bcm. Is that possible and if so what can be done to correct it. Could it be a wiring fault or something more expensive? IT has cost me £ 180 so far so if it is a harness job i think i could manage that,(as mentioned i am not conversant with computers)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club