Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corrosion on metal turbo coolant return pipe

Dave 68

My car is a Fiesta ecoboost 1 L purchased new in 2017. Recently I noticed an area of corrosion approximately 5mmX4mm on the metal turbo coolant return pipe. There is no leakage of coolant and I never have had to top up coolant.

My local main Ford dealer told me that they had only seen 2 similar cases of this and neither leaked. They said that the only solution was to fit a new turbo unit. This seems a rather drastic solution to me.

Do you think that I should just carry on motoring and hope that no further deterioration takes place. My motoring includes a monthly return motorway trip of 350 miles.

Can anyone please give me any advice on how to proceed here.

Had this on my old 2015 Fiesta. There's a long thread about it here

Thanks Pete for your very helpful reply. If I may ask, could you please tell me how you dealt with the problem.

Just now, Dave68 said:

Thanks Pete for your very helpful reply. If I may ask, could you please tell me how you dealt with the problem.

There's a huge thread on this subject if you can find it.   Has a lot of very helpful advice.   This does surprise me though as Ford changed the composition of the metal used for these pipes around 2017.   I've had 2 2017 Fiestas and, on both, the pipes were sparkling.

it's all in the above post. Rather long read through it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club