Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Child locks

HugoB

Are you given a specific key to turn them and how far should it turn? It’s horizontal - and I thought it was supposed to turn vertical | but it will only turn to ‘ten to’. And you can still open the door from the inside obviously 🙄 . We’re on a road trip with the new puppy and I’m conscious of him not opening the door whilst he’s figeting! 

Just use the end of your car key or if your car is keyless then just use a large flat blade screwdriver.

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

Just use the end of your car key or if your car is keyless then just use a large flat blade screwdriver.

Yes I am using inside of the keyless fob as we don’t have a screwdriver but like I say the problem is it won’t turn fully? How far should it go?

It should turn from the 12 o'clock position to the 3 o'clock position. If you think it maybe stuck try the other rear door, it's unlikely they will both be stuck.

41 minutes ago, unofix said:

It should turn from the 12 o'clock position to the 3 o'clock position. If you think it maybe stuck try the other rear door, it's unlikely they will both be stuck.

Thank you, it was like this —- and we’re trying to turn like this || . 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have just came across this forum and have been experiencing the same problem with my Ford Edge. It we looked at by the dealer who after checking their manuals and user information suggested it needs booking in and the locks removing and checking.

However I came across a site which shows some Fords have electronic child locks- on the drivers side door switched (in our case UK version) there is a button showing the rear windows with a X - I assumed it only child locks the back windows. But it actually stops the rear doors from being opened from the inside (applies the child locks to the inside handles).

I suspect that the original poster may also have this feature without realising it.

unfortunately the hand book does not mention this and only tells you how to do it manually - which won’t work on these versions.

I hope this helps others.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mB Tech said:

However I came across a site which shows some Fords have electronic child locks- on the drivers side door switched (in our case UK version) there is a button showing the rear windows with a X - I assumed it only child locks the back windows. But it actually stops the rear doors from being opened from the inside (applies the child locks to the inside handles).

You can also lock all the doors from the 'door lock' buttons on the drivers door. I'm sure that inhibits the internal door handles too.

Hi Simon,

unfortunately the door locking button only prevents the doors opening from the outside, even when double pressed.

without the child lock engaged the doors can still be opened from the inside rear.

it was worth suggesting though.

• Thanks 1

Hi, My 2017 Edge does have the electronic child lock on the drivers side door panel. It’s near the electric mirror bit. The button locks the rear doors and windows so the kids can’t escape.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club