Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 8 facelift 2021

Doylie

The front is hideous..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

The front is hideous..

Lol.

Have got to agree with Guy and the back lights don't look right either.

5 minutes ago, jsk said:

5 minutes ago, jsk said:

Does the link take you and guy to pictures without the disguise on? 

No. The disguise is still on. I did notice further down on the article that there was a link to a new look Focus. On that it showed the back lights the same as the present model. I now wonder if the new look Fiesta has the same back lights but the disguised  has over laid the boot lid part of the light fitting. If not my opinion still stands.

Not impressed.

14 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Not impressed.

You’re not impressed by possible changes you can’t see?

• Haha 2

Yeah, those pictures have been all over the internet. Hard to tell what's under there anyway (particularly at the front) which is the idea of course!

I rarely like facelifted cars as much as the original, though.

Talking of facelifts, just seen a C plate XR3i while out for a walk. It looked in very good nick, but I certainly preferred the pre-facelift car!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MarksST said:

You’re not impressed by possible changes you can’t see?

I'm not impressed with what I can see.   Rather ridiculous comment.   How can I be unimpressed with what I can't see?

3 hours ago, Bobr said:

I'm not impressed with what I can see.   Rather ridiculous comment.   How can I be unimpressed with what I can't see?

It was a question not a comment, yours was a ridiculous comment, the car is in disguise so you can’t see the updates that they’ve done to it, once the facelift has been revealed then you can be impressed or not.

• Haha 1

Looks to be based upon an active model which has a different look to the rest of the range anyway, but looks to have a smaller grill possibly, meanwhile BMW are adding the most hideous and humongous grills to any road going car possible.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/6/2021 at 1:20 PM, MarksST said:

It was a question not a comment, yours was a ridiculous comment, the car is in disguise so you can’t see the updates that they’ve done to it, once the facelift has been revealed then you can be impressed or not.

Not come across many unpleasant people on this forum.   In fact, you're the first.

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2021 at 3:50 PM, Bobr said:

Not come across many unpleasant people on this forum.   In fact, you're the first.

Really? have you worked out what parts of the car you still can’t see, that you’re unimpressed with?

• Haha 2

On 8/26/2021 at 3:42 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Surely they're not bringing back Metropolis Blue?  It looked dated 10 years ago! :unsure: 

• 2 weeks later...

As we thought, a more Puma-like grille, slightly different lights, and digital dash (on high spec at least). I do prefer those wheels to the current ST.

Now for more queries about "what Mark is my Fiesta" - I guess this is the Mk 8.5?😀

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Now for more queries about "what Mark is my Fiesta" - I guess this is the Mk 8.5?😀

😀

In the official Ford Europe video release the Fiesta does look like its growing up. I’m sure there will be a few who will miss bumper mounted fog lights but in all a nice evolutionary progression. 

From someone who took delivery of the current Fiesta on September 1st, I’m not unhappy at all, and if the 2022 facelift model is around when my time comes to change I’ll be happy with more of the same.

3 minutes ago, Aldridge Andy said:

I’m sure there will be a few who will miss bumper mounted fog lights

I won't - never used them on any car I've had with them, anyway!😀. Don't know if it will apply to all models or just the ST? Those (presumably fake) air vents are usually meant to signify serious performance intent and make you think the car's so fast the front brakes need the extra cooling!

But yeah, I think it looks ok, certainly wouldn't put me off like some facelifts have.

Looks like the wiper arm is already broken on that one...surely it's not meant to sit halfway up the screen like that! :tongue: 

I didn't like it in flat pictures but actually it doesn't look too bad in the video.  Still not a fan of the grill though, makes it look too Focussy...  Plus it's hardly going to protect the AC condenser! :unsure:  Also don't like the thin walled exhaust tips, a rolled tip would have made it look a little more finished.

Looks like the X editions are gone replaced with the Vignale pack with the X kit like partial leather, digital cluster etc. I wonder if some of the existing X/Vignale kit will work it’s way down to the standard models like AEB, climate control, driver assistance functions etc?

Outside looks good to me. Front grille was bound to change to match the Puma, Kuga etc, and the rear lights now match the Puma with dark edges to blend better with the darker colours. 
Otherwise pretty much the same all round.

Odd there’s no Sync 4 yet though…

On 5/5/2021 at 5:30 PM, Guy Heaton said:

The front is hideous..

I can not agree more.

In my opinion without the facelift the Fiesta is more stylish.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club