Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric problem

Zokisu

Hy everyone. I need help for my 1.6 petrol c-max, 2009!

For few days some electronic components in my car don't work. Until now those are that I know:

- electric windows left/right

- fog light front/rear

- reverse lights

- can't move mirrors

- watter for windshield not spraying

- rear wiper

I checked all the fuses and are all ok. In hood space and in interior box. How can I check if condensators are ok? If that could be a problem?

There is also one interesting thing with front wipers!! They work, when car is on. BUT.. when I start the car, they always turn on for a few seconds!! They also turn on for few seconds if I press the button for window open, while driving the car. 

Tnx!

The fault is probably with the Body Control Module. Check all connections to the BCM, look for signs of corrosion and water on the plugs and sockets. 

Everything seems in order there in case of corrosion. No watter, dust or anything unussual. Can I test anything there to check for faults? I mean with tools that most people have at home?

How can I check if 2 power lines, that goes from hood fuses to interior fuses, works? Could it be that there is no power on one line so half things don't work? How to check those two cables for damage as they are hidden?

The power for the devices you have mentioned are fed from the Ignition Relay R8 in the engine bay fusebox.
It would be worth rechecking the associated fuses for this F12 (40A) & F25 (10A)

Next easiest step would be to remove the relay R8, turn the ignition on but don't start the engine.
Slowly refit the relay to see if you can hear/feel the relay click, this will prove the the control circuit for the relay.
The relays are very reliable but it might be worth swapping it with another to see if the fault moves.

The attached diagram may help. Good luck.

PwrDist09Focus.pdf

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club