Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where should I place new rear badge? (if at all...)

StephenFord
聽Share

I got it in my head to change the look of my rear badging. Took the original chrome lettering off, and was about to put the new satin black badge I got. But I'm now in a minor dilemma. I quite like the de-badged look! Any opinion on whether to leave it de-badged, or locate new badge where original was, or where the newer Focus has it located?

By the way, I know many will find this whole post abhorrent on changing a badge, so if this is you, feel free to move on, I get enough abuse at home without getting it here 馃ぃ

530190410_beforeafterrearbadgecaption.thumb.jpg.659e749d4d497d0fd8ddca9bdf7f076a.jpg

1509066417_positionchoicenewbadge.thumb.jpg.d9d16f140014affff602a44ea97b82f3.jpg

• Like 1

How about centrally below the number plate, in line with the Ford oval...

If it was mine I'd leave it debadged though.

• Like 2

My vote goes for the new Focus location. Any chance you could get some magnetic tape for the back of the badge? Then you could try it out and see what looks best before making it permanent. Or even just have it in a different location every day if the magnet's strong enough.聽

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

My vote goes for the new Focus location. Any chance you could get some magnetic tape for the back of the badge? Then you could try it out and see what looks best before making it permanent. Or even just have it in a different location every day if the magnet's strong enough.聽

No magnetic tape, but a big pack of BluTac should do the job for a try out, nice suggestion!

• Like 1

Put the badge on !!!

I like cars to have badges, and the FOC likes to give badges 馃憤

• Haha 1

Individual letters like the new version might be another option and would fit nicely on the lower part of the hatch under the number plate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, unofix said:

Put the badge on !!!

I like cars to have badges, and the FOC likes to give badges 馃憤

Stephen's going for the ultra-rare badge Placement badge... :biggrin:

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Wino said:

Individual letters like the new version might be another option and would fit nicely on the lower part of the hatch under the number plate.

LOL, you obviously don't know me, I'm one of the tightest owners on here! I already spent money on a new badge, it would kill me to spend more money on something else 馃ぃ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

LOL, you obviously don't know me, I'm one of the tightest owners on here! I already spent money on a new badge, it would kill me to spend more money on something else 馃ぃ

I bet your even communicating via the neighbours wi-fi 馃槄

Having knocked in to borrow a few tea bags and snap shorting the rear of there router for the password 馃摳

2 hours ago, BigLen said:

Having knocked in to borrow a few tea bags and snap shorting the rear of there router for the password 馃摳

No need, I house sit for them during holidays, I have their password LOL

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Apologies @StephenFord perhaps I should keep my thoughts and proposals to myself in future.

1 minute ago, Wino said:

Apologies @StephenFord perhaps I should keep my thoughts and proposals to myself in future.

Good grief, no! This is an internet forum, ALL thoughts, proposals are welcome, not your fault I'm a tight git... 馃ぃ

On 9/7/2021 at 2:46 PM, StephenFord said:

I got it in my head to change the look of my rear badging. Took the original chrome lettering off, and was about to put the new satin black badge I got. But I'm now in a minor dilemma. I quite like the de-badged look! Any opinion on whether to leave it de-badged, or locate new badge where original was, or where the newer Focus has it located?

By the way, I know many will find this whole post abhorrent on changing a badge, so if this is you, feel free to move on, I get enough abuse at home without getting it here 馃ぃ

530190410_beforeafterrearbadgecaption.thumb.jpg.659e749d4d497d0fd8ddca9bdf7f076a.jpg

1509066417_positionchoicenewbadge.thumb.jpg.d9d16f140014affff602a44ea97b82f3.jpg

I de-badged my MK2 and thought it looked much better.

3 hours ago, F0CUE said:

I de-badged my MK2 and thought it looked much better.

A bloke in a hand car wash de-badged my Mk3. I can't say I was impressed.鈽癸笍

• Haha 2

Had a similar dilema that lasted all of 3 seconds, needed to replace a headlight as misted internally, scrappy had a pair of black inners so went with the pair, rude not to LOL.

Ended up dechroming the whole front end, apart from the bonnet lock badge and when i decide on an option i think that'll go as well. Kinda looks meaner especially with the Panther Black Metallic paint.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club