Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key fob won't unlock door

Jacquieline

Hi guys I have a 2010 ford galaxy which I taxed this morning, only to find that my key fob wouldn't unlock door, when I pressed fob, sidelights lit but all doors stayed locked, so I tried key in door but that doesn't turn passenger side doesn't have lock, I fetched spare key for same thing to happen, so then I tried boot button which it did unlocked so I climed through unlocked doors by hand, but when I tried key in ignition there were no lights on dash at all and car won't turn over, nothing at all. I did try turning ignition on and off and twice it flashed all the lights on dashboard 11 times. So now I'm stuck has anyone any ideas i have another galaxy that is 2005 and if key fob doesn't work on that I put key in door and it unlocks I just don't understand why on this one it doesn't even do that let alone why dash is dark when key is turned, help please 

• 4 weeks later...

battery in the key only affects what the key buttons do. Bad battery in key won’t affect anything once the key is in the ignition lock and you turn it. I agree with others, sounds like flat battery in the car.  The big rectangular battery that starts the engine.

If key wouldn’t turn in door lock it might be that it has siezed through lack of use. People use the key fobs for years so the door lock barrel gets no use.  Wd40 might sort it. Everyone should use the key in all locks the car has now and then to keep them working.  However if a car has deadlocks it can still be problematic when the battery is flat.  If leaving a car parked up for months I recommend not putting deadlocks on in case battery goes flat. Depends where you leave it parked of course. 

I’m isolating with covid so I’m bored and got spare time. When weather is cold it is when batteries finally die. Batteries work by chemical reaction within them. The warmer they are the better they work. A battery can be on its way out and cold weather just pushes it over the edge.  A few days ago had to replace battery in my wife’s car, the cold frosty morning was too much for it.  It was 4 yrs 1 month old. Make = lion. The original battery (car is Mazda) lasted 6 yrs 11 months.  But battery in my previous fiesta lasted just over 10 years. I put another lion battery in the Mazda. I know that might be false economy but you never know how long a car will last. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club