Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC 3 incorrect VIN

BlueMeany

I have a Focus '16 plate with Sync 3, and missus has a Mondeo '15 plate with Sync 2.

In the past I've dabbled with a few settings within Forscan on her Mondeo (tyre pressure things etc) and it looks like that at some point her VIN has been uploaded to my Sync 3. I'm guessing it is something to do with two car profiles within Forscan (I'm unable to get on their forum as even with a password reset email I'm just taken back to the login page over and over).

Whilst waiting for them to approve a completely new account, does anyone on here have any suggestions on how to get my VIN back into the Sync 3. Both systems are working fine, but I'm trading in my Focus so ideally want it correct before then!

Cheers

• Confused 1

So the focus needs to have the Sync3 unit refreshed to match the VIN because at present the VIN on the unit is the VIN from the Mk5. Is that correct? 

Is the Sync3 working in the Focus, it should be linked to the VIN. When you look at the information on the sync screen in the focus, it shows the VIN for the Mondeo?

17 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

So the focus needs to have the Sync3 unit refreshed to match the VIN because at present the VIN on the unit is the VIN from the Mk5. Is that correct? 

Is the Sync3 working in the Focus, it should be linked to the VIN. When you look at the information on the sync screen in the focus, it shows the VIN for the Mondeo?

Yup. Correct on all three queries. I can only assume that at one time, I must have loaded the Mk5 profile into the sync 3 somehow... but everything still works in both vehicles... just that the sync 3 has incorrect VIN.

That's a strange one. I'll speak to a few friends and see what they suggest, hopefully they are still up lol

Also, as you said you have a Mk5 Mondeo you should join my FB group as I can guarantee one of the team will know what to do. He is one of my moderators and he installs Sync3 units etc and has acces to UCDS.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/?ref=share

I you join make sure you answer the questions and mention my name so you don't get declined 👍

• Thanks 1

Simon have you tried disconnecting the battery and forcing sync to reset?

Before you did anything with Forscan did you save your AS BUILT settings?

If you are close to or can get to Donny then my pal can help in person, and he doesn't charge if you go to him. Just a beer token.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. I'm on the Focus facebook, I'll look for the Mondeo one too.

I disconnected battery and master reset the sync 3 and, *fingers crossed*, it is correct now.

1 hour ago, BlueMeany said:

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. I'm on the Focus facebook, I'll look for the Mondeo one too.

I disconnected battery and master reset the sync 3 and, *fingers crossed*, it is correct now.

Thats good news, sync must have had a brain ***** 👍

I've just accepted a few requests to join the group, some where auto declined for not answering all the questions. What are your initials and I'll see if you managed to join 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club