Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New battery - light won't go out!

heirpin

Just replaced the s/s battery on my father-in-law's 1.0 ecoboost, now starts fine but the battery warning light doesn't go out and my wife is taking it for its MOT next week so just wondering what the problem could be or will it go out when she drives it to the MOT station perhaps? I was going to check see if its charging but left my multimeter at home!

No, I was going to try that, is it where you flash the high beam 5 times followed by a rain dance and three hallelujahs? :-)

Something like that yes

On 2/14/2021 at 11:51 AM, Luke4efc said:

Ignition on for 10 seconds. Press rear fog light button 5 times. Press hazard button 3 times and wait 10 seconds. The battery light should then flash to show the BMS has been reset.

9 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Something like that yes

Thanks, I did this to my fusion 2010 (quite similar to fiesta Mk6) when installing a new battery, but battery light no response. Any suggestions? thanks

31 minutes ago, ford2188 said:

Thanks, I did this to my fusion 2010 (quite similar to fiesta Mk6) when installing a new battery, but battery light no response. Any suggestions? thanks

Your car doesn't even have a BMS so the solution above was never going to work for you.

If your having problems I suggest you make your own topic.

I tried the flash high beam 5 times followed by brake pedal 3 times and the light blinked but didn't go out so then I checked the voltage at the battery (with engine running) and it was showing 13.3V (at tickover) so at least the alternator is charging I thought, then when I jumped back in the car, the light had gone out so all's good!!

7 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Your car doesn't even have a BMS so the solution above was never going to work for you.

If your having problems I suggest you make your own topic.

Many thanks for the confirmation - Luke. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club