Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

National Meter Reading Day --- Thursday 31st March 2022

unofix

For all those that don't have Smart meters:

You need to brave the cold and get out and READ YOUR METER today. Get the reading(s) submitted to your energy supplier today before the massive price increase kicks in tomorrow !!

....... and if you own an electric vehicle make sure to get it as fully charged as possible before midnight.

This only applies to people on the standard tariff.

Anyone on a fixed tariff need not bother.

• Like 1

Got to pop round my mother's later to do this, then my uncle's, then mine when I get home. We are on Standard tariffs now since the energy firm we were with went bust. Went up by 35-40% since mid October and now even more! My mum has smart meters but they still haven't connected to them since mid November and they didn't accept a manual reading last month....they better take it this time! I'll have date stamped photos though to prove late if needed.

I'm due to have solar panels and a battery installed soon though 🙂

• Like 1

Yes the prices have risen, no-one will give me a cogent answer as to why the standing charges have doubled. Same infrastructure and staff etc.

Gross racketeering

• Like 1

Standing charge will be for taking on the failed supplier customers I imagine. No expert. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Standing charge will be for taking on the failed supplier customers I imagine. No expert. 

The free market was supposed to give us better choice and prices, nobody envisaged this ??????? errrrm some DID.

Just build a couple of nuclear plants then WE as an island can be self sufficient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unofix said:

.... and if you own an electric vehicle make sure to get it as fully charged as possible before midnight.

Before you take the meter reading if non Smart meter, the time won't make any difference!

(Waiting to take my readings after dinner...and currently have a wash on a day early as well!)

31 minutes ago, JImpster said:

The free market was supposed to give us better choice and prices, nobody envisaged this ??????? errrrm some DID.

Just build a couple of nuclear plants then WE as an island can be self sufficient.

‘You said that like it’s easy and cheap, lol. If we start some now they’ll just be ready for when we can’t buy petrol/diesel vehicles. 

If I didnt have a smart meter, I'd add 100kw to my reading.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nathan Buffery said:

I'd add 100kw to my reading.

but that would be naughty 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MarksST said:

‘You said that like it’s easy and cheap, lol. If we start some now they’ll just be ready for when we can’t buy petrol/diesel vehicles. 

its not easy or cheap tho will give us command of our future, then once built any over production we can sell at a premium to europe

• Like 1

Just put my meter reading in.  Eon site still very slow.  App not working at all as I'm apparently being moved over to 'Eon Next'. :rolleyes:

Had email confirmation of the meter readings though so they've definitely gone through.

I note with relish that some Mp's and social commentators are now raising the doubling of the standing charge as a stealth rise by the power companies

57 minutes ago, JImpster said:

raising the doubling of the standing charge as a stealth rise by the power companies

NO...............

Surely not !!

They wouldn't be profiteering at a time like this, it would be wholly unethical. Who do they think they are, some sort of pharmaceutical company ? 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club