Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta high pitched brake noise

AppleDudeBrent

Hey everyone

I'm making this topic as a last resort. Our Fiesta mk7 EcoBoost automatic has had a specific issue with the front brakes. When the car is driven out our garage and is been stopped to a standstill the front brakes make a high pitched noise. I've been to multiple Ford service centres and they concluded the brake pads were too hard for the car. These pads also damaged the rotors. They advised to change both, which they did. A bill for 380 euros and 100kms later, the car still makes the same noise after being stalled for 2 days. Also when it doesn't make the high pitched noise it still makes a noise when braking to standstill, according to me coming for the brake calliper itself. I'll try to share an audio recording of this noise and I hope someone can help.

Thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfyxni6x3tn82aj/Noise when standstill.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vymuspeqg3q4ik/High pitched noise.mp3?dl=0

In my experience I was always taught to put a small amount of copper grease on any point where the metal pad backing touches the calliper / holder at the edges and across the back of the pad and between piston and shim. I cured a squeal on my brothers corsa recently by going this. You must not put much on as you don’t want it melting from the brake heat and grease running onto pad material or disc

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, isetta said:

In my experience I was always taught to put a small amount of copper grease on any point where the metal pad backing touches the calliper / holder at the edges and across the back of the pad and between piston and shim. I cured a squeal on my brothers corsa recently by going this. You must not put much on as you don’t want it melting from the brake heat and grease running onto pad material or disc

Thanks very much for the fast reply first of all.

Unfortunately this method was already done to the car but made no difference..

Are the pad shims missing?  

I'm not sure if your car uses them, but can check if you confirm which year, engine and spec your car is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Are the pad shims missing?  

I'm not sure if your car uses them, but can check if you confirm which year, engine and spec your car is.

My car is a 2019 ecoboost 100hp automatic titanium 5dr

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AppleDudeBrent said:

My car is a 2019 ecoboost 100hp automatic titanium 5dr

Sorry for the delayed response.  Missed this yesterday somehow.

As it's a 2019, that's known as a Mk8 in the UK, and too new for the database I use to cross reference unfortunately.  :sad:   

So I can't confirm whether yours should be fitted with them, but these are the sort of shims I'm referring to.

101591668.jpg

• Like 1

You video sounded normal to me, but make sure that the brake hardware isn't mis shapen at all as it could be running into your rotor when u brake

15 hours ago, Neb_engineer said:

You video sounded normal to me, but make sure that the brake hardware isn't mis shapen at all as it could be running into your rotor when u brake

Is this normal though? The noise it makes when its been driving, that could be normal but the high pitched noise as well? I've driven multiple Fiesta's, same age and all of them don't make a noise under braking cold or being driven.

I couldn't hear high pitch anything in the video, just sounded like breaks from a car that had sat on a driveway for a day while it rained

On 6/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, Neb_engineer said:

I couldn't hear high pitch anything in the video, just sounded like breaks from a car that had sat on a driveway for a day while it rained

Not the video mate, i've shared an audio file as well. Thats the recording of the high pitched noise.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club