Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mounted under bonnet snapped

Nbaxter01

Wife was in a car park and hit a bollard, dented the pointed bit on the bottom of the front bumper, passenger side. Noticed loose plastic behind the front bottom grill passenger side too, then I opened the hood and a mount, or plastic clip from the area beside top of light is snapped.

Not sure if caused by the bump or was always there.  Had that passenger front wheel replaced few years back as it was buckled, so maybe damage from then and just noticing.

Any advice appreciated.

20221218_145646.jpg

That'll be a pain to fix.  You can try glue but I doubt it'll hold in that location.  Replacement headlight cluster would most likely be needed.

Does the light still feel secure?  If so, and as long as the beam isn't affected, you can you just leave it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That'll be a pain to fix.  You can try glue but I doubt it'll hold in that location.  Replacement headlight cluster would most likely be needed.

Does the light still feel secure?  If so, and as long as the beam isn't affected, you can you just leave it.

I only noticed it because the wife hit the bollard moving 2mph, and noticed that below the light cluster on that side, the bumper panel isn't as close to the light as the other side, gap slightly bigger, the gap below the light cluster when it meets the panel.  But thinking back, I'm sure I have notice this before.  Whole thing seems secure, 0 movement at all.  Plus dont think hitting a bollard at that speed show do this.  Might have been there for few years and just noticing it now, as few years back the wheel at that side was buckled and was replaced.  So what ever caused that, may have cause the break in that light cluster mount.

Took it for a spin, no rattles, shaking or anything, and went over a tonne of speed bumps, there everywhere here

You can get headlight bracket repair kits:

Never used one myself so I cant comment on how easy to do/reliable they are.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club