Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Springs Being Equal

Arceye

Hi folks

New boy here with a 2010 Titanium 1.6.

Rear springs are on an MOT advisory, I have to do the bushes so while the bits are on the floor I'll change the springs as well.

Fords want £64 per spring for rears and £120 for fronts.

There do seem a lot of cheaper options online but I'm sure the £10 springs wont last long!

Does anyone have any recommends for a good sensible make or price, car has done 85k.

Thanks

Arceye

I'd be tempted to just put Ford's on, they've lasted this long

I chose Eibach - under 60 GBP for the front pair.

15 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

I'd be tempted to just put Ford's on, they've lasted this long

The problem I always have with your very sensible answer, is that on a 14 year old car, how do we know if Ford today obtain the same quality of part as they did 14 years ago?  ...and which company makes springs for the 2010 Fiesta, as it certainly won't be Ford.

The car may be on it's second set by now.

Don't forget Eibach springs are technically lowering springs.  They don't give much drop, but if you're only doing the rears then it could end up sitting at a weird angle.  I am also a fan of Eibach quality if changing all four though.  Ford offered Eibach springs as an aftermarket upgrade for many years.  (Not sure if they still do.)

Tbh I'd be tempted to try the £10 springs if staying at standard height.  There's no tyre risk if a rear spring spring snaps (unlike fronts) and they're easy to change as well.

23 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't forget Eibach springs are technically lowering springs.  They don't give much drop, but if you're only doing the rears then it could end up sitting at a weird angle. 

I would have thought that Eibach manufacture both the correct replacement springs, whether it was the 'sports' or 'standard' suspension height/rate from the factory?

2 hours ago, orangecurry said:

I would have thought that Eibach manufacture both the correct replacement springs, whether it was the 'sports' or 'standard' suspension height/rate from the factory?

Eibach only make lowering springs.  The Eibach springs are still an upgrade over sports suspension as well.

Eibach®* Suspension-Lowering Kit with fitting 35150004 Fitted (ford.co.uk)

Every day is a learning day.  The Zetec-S has lowered/sports springs from the factory, so that's how I ended up with Eibachs as an option.

OP - stick your registration into Autodoc and see what appears.

21 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Eibach only make lowering springs. 

Now😁 I'm really not sure about this......

I just looked on Auto doc - for a Zetec-S replacement, and just Eibach, they list:

Eibach R11709 Coil spring - Front Axle, Coil spring with constant wire diameter, for vehicles with lowered suspension

Eibach Single Spring ERL (OE-Replacement) R10198 Coil spring - Front Axle, Coil Spring, for vehicles with standard suspension

and upgraded Pro-kit version

EIBACH Single Spring Pro-Kit F11-35-020-01-VA Coil spring - Front Axle, Coil Spring, for vehicles with sports suspension

(same three options for the rear axle as well), so it looks like Eibach provide replacement for standard and lowered/sports for the Zetec-S.... whether that translates to a non-S, or is simply confusing naming convention, is easy to find out if the OP puts his car details into Autodoc. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, orangecurry said:

I just looked on Auto doc - for a Zetec-S replacement, and just Eibach, they list:

That is interesting. 🤔

I wonder if they're rebranded but made by someone else.  It's not possible to order standard springs through the Eibach website.  They only offer the option of Pro-Kit springs or Pro-Street coilovers.

21 minutes ago, orangecurry said:

Turns out it is a brand new line.  They're called ERL - Eibach Replacement Line - and seem to have only been launched within the past few months.

So I guess we were both right... :whistling: 

Eibach Replacement Line (ERL) Launch! - Eibach (deal.town)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help guys.

I bought the Eibachs from Autodoc.

Cheers,  Arceye

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if the zetec s springs will fit the Titanium tdci 1.6?

Zetec s 2010

Titanium 5 door 1.6 tdci 2009

Many thanks in advance 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club