Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puma modifications?????

wilto

I know it's a relatively new model, and it's more geard towards the more mature person, but is there anyone on here that has modified their Puma yet.

I swore down to my missus that I was going to "leave this one alone" but I'm 57 year's old and I STILL haven't got rid of that modifying bug.

I think it's down to me thinking I need a unique model unlike the rest of the flock, that keeps me wanting more.

Also I've never had the performance version of the car I've always wanted, ie

Mondeo MK2 Zetec wanted ST 24 

Focus Zetec S MK2.5 wanted Focus RS MK2.5

SEAT Leon FR mk3.5 wanted Leon Cupra MK3.5

Wanted a Puma ST but couldn't afford it (as usual) the performance models have always either been out of reach of my budget, or they've been to unpractical to own, being a one car family.

Did have a Capri 2.8 special back in the day but always want to create something different.

Can't wait to see what others will do to theirs, and will create a build thread of my own when I start.

• Like 1

🤣🤣🤣🤣 far too subtle mate, it's on my maybe list though 

My last car, after and before 

IMG_20220829_140232~3.jpg

IMG_20220829_140209~3.jpg

IMG_20210515_175915~2.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've just had the Mountune M235 remap and carbon induction kit fitted to my Puma ST.

It was a bit blustery, wet and busy on the roads today but it definitely had way smoother power delivery and the roll-on acceleration in 6th was much stronger.

I'll let you know how I get on with it.

20231018_165523.jpg

20231018_165428.jpg

20231018_165418.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Try Paintmodz.co.uk they have a load of tart up kit for a Puma. This 80+ year old got a load of stuff for my Fiesta from them. Wind deflectors might be another idea. Definitely mud flaps as well

Wind deflectors are top of my list, but can't decide to go Climair or Heko, had Heko on my Leon and they were fine.

Ford mud flaps are a maybe, although I do like the Montune mud flaps, but are WAY too expensive. Had Rallyflapz on my Leon and they looked great, but the don't do them for the Puma yet, but as I understand they are developing a set for it.

Just purchased a set of genuine ST alloys, even though I already had the optional 19inch alloys on the car when I bought it, I really liked the ST ones. 

Bottom image is not my car.

image.thumb.jpg.d0c001213abd39275e707dc29f1bee96.jpgScreenshot_20230809_054821_AutoTrader.thumb.jpg.1bdf0793dba37712fddb0135a80bffa8.jpg

Ford mud flaps as they seem to always fit well. I usually get these as a freebe, fitted from the dealer. As for the wind deflectors I go for the Heko ones, they seem easier to fit. I have fitted Climair but they seem a bit more rigid and have broken a front one bending it to fit.

• 3 weeks later...

My first upgrade was a set of Osram H1 bulbs to replace the yellow ones fitted by Ford, much better.

Recently purchased a full set of Heko wind deflectors (not yet fitted) and also a set of carbon fibre effect mirror covers from Underground parts.

Also fitted sequential mirror indicators from AliExpress the same time, and a set of bonnet struts.

And some various decals from Etsy.

I'll add some photos when I get chance.

On 12/1/2023 at 8:41 AM, wilto said:

My first upgrade was a set of Osram H1 bulbs to replace the yellow ones fitted by Ford, much better.

Recently purchased a full set of Heko wind deflectors (not yet fitted) and also a set of carbon fibre effect mirror covers from Underground parts.

Also fitted sequential mirror indicators from AliExpress the same time, and a set of bonnet struts.

And some various decals from Etsy.

I'll add some photos when I get chance.

Hello, what’re the Osram H1 bulbs for? Fog lights? My ST ones don’t appear to be yellow?

any suggestion on bonnet struts and how to fit them?

If you have the ST then your dipped and main beem headlights are LEDs. On my model I only have LED dipped headlights, I replaced the main beam bulb, which is halogen (yellowish in colour) with  whiter bulbs to give it a more uniform look, and it increases the beam illumination.

As regards to the bonnet struts, they are a literary a 10 minute job, search you tube for Ford fiesta or puma bonnet struts and you'll get the idea. They came with really good instructions as well.

Hope this helps 😁

Few photos of my mods so far.

Bonnet struts.                 ST alloys.                       ST line badges.               Carbon fibre mirror covers.                            Heko wind deflectors.    Puma decals on back door trim                         Gloss black fog light surrounds decals.

20231209_144223 1.jpg

20231209_144053~2.jpg

20231209_144102 1.jpg

20231209_144124.jpg

20231209_144246.jpg

20231209_144212.jpg

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club