Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C0034 DTC - ABS Module - Speed Sensor Issue

macaulays

Afternoon All,

I have been having intermittent issues recently with a warning flashup just after setting off re ESC, park assist etc being disabled which disappears after a few minutes. Nothing flagged with a generic OBD reader I had but have tried Forscan for the first time today which has, among a couple of others, a code in the ABS module flagging "Circuit Short to battery or Open" for the Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor. I have seen a few other references outwith the Galaxy forum to this on Mondeos etc as a not uncommon issue to crop up. Is there any way of knowing from that code whether the remedy is likely to be replacing the ring or the actual sensor? Or would that need physical inspection to confirm typically? 

Many thanks for any thoughts.

Sandy

PXL_20231220_172245493.jpg

PXL_20231220_172237284.jpg

PXL_20240104_180854485.jpg

PXL_20231220_172243073.jpg

That fault code suggests there isn't any 'return' voltage from the sensor.

So likely to be the sensor itself or the wiring between sensor plug and ABS module plug.  

That would need to be visually inspected, and if no obvious damage, wiring tested with a multimeter.

2 hours ago, macaulays said:

Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor.

Original factory part as far as I know was Finis Code 1877755. This part may now have been superseded by Finis Code  2504175. Cost of the part is just under £90 and will take less than an hour to fit.

Excellent, thanks both - I will see if I can track down that sensor in that case. Assistance most appreciated!

All the best,

Sandy

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club