Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Had An Accident With A Deer

MarkyR

I doubt the pothole did it - the wheels are designed to buckle at the first sight of one to absorb the damage for you. Ford confirmed it to someone here recently - they basically said they're meant to buckle! :rolleyes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarkyR

• Parkesie

• fordpartsman

• InstructorPiggy

I doubt the pothole did it - the wheels are designed to buckle at the first sight of one to absorb the damage for you. Ford confirmed it to someone here recently - they basically said they're meant to buckle! :rolleyes:

I would think a pothole is capable of damaging the suspension and my wheels have never buckled and I've driven over some pot holes...

• 1 month later...

Hiya,

Thought I would give an update. My car was with the garage for about 4 day's, they test drove it twice, and actioned a full check on there rig on it. The ONLY thing the body shop could find as wrong was the steering was out which they adjusted. But the car was still not handling right in my mind, and I didn't notice until the weekend that the tyres I had put on the front of my car just before winter last year are, in fact, totally different to the originals on the back!!!!

They are still Bridgestone Potenza's but they are a different model and have totally different tread patterns! Would I not be correct in assuming this can be the cause of the handling not being right? As when you change tyres they can make a marked impact on handling and ride etc?

Right I should add as I was at work earlier............

The rear tyres i have on my car and are the originals are the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A which I believe I am right in saying are also the same as the front originals? Unless ford use different tyres on the front and back?

http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/tyres/car-4x4-and-van/car/sport/potenza-re050a

The tyres I now have on the front that were fitted by my Ford dealer because the originals had worn down are the Potenza RE040, these have a very different tread pattern to the RE050A.

http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/tyres/car-4x4-and-van/potenza-re040

Can anyone confirm for me that my ZetecS with the 17" wheels would have left the factory with the RE050A tyres on both the back AND the front?

Can anyone confirm for me that my ZetecS with the 17" wheels would have left the factory with the RE050A tyres on both the back AND the front?

Mine's a Titanium X but with the same wheels as yours and it has the RE050A both front and back. I'm not sure the handling would be affected that much by having a slightly different tyre front and back. The main thing is always to have the same tyre on left and right.

Mine's a Titanium X but with the same wheels as yours and it has the RE050A both front and back. I'm not sure the handling would be affected that much by having a slightly different tyre front and back. The main thing is always to have the same tyre on left and right.

Thanks mate, yeah the ride is harsher and it explains why it coped with the snow a bit better last winter too. But they don't feel like they grip as well and you can feel it through the steering, it feels very light.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club