Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion 2

mahoidar

Hello to all! Got a 55 Fusion 2 with a sickly nearside rear wheel bearing.The cost of garages these days is horrendous as you know so I need to pick the brains of you gentlemen (and ladies) as to the difficulty of removal and replacement of these bearings.

I,m not illiterate and have done my own repairs in the past on various vehicles,but these later models are a different thing,and I,m not a youngster any more.

Do I need any special tools/equipment? and will it be a lengthy operation? Any advice or experience in doing this job would be greatly appreciated Many thanks <_<

this is ford workshop manual. i have it with photos but they dont copy across. i would probably take off drum remove circlip and see if you can get bearing out. if not jump in another motor...go to a garage and offer them a few beers to pop your new bearing in. also while drum is off check your brake shoes and cylinders...make sure you have a few bob spare and do the job in office hours, that way if your shoes are shagged you can change them while the cars in bits. in fairness if you can't be bothered doing bearing yourself it should only be an hours labour at your local garage but a rip off garage may tell you you need xyz on the brakes so use a garage you trust, best regards steve

Rear Suspension - Rear Wheel Bearing Fusion 2002.75 (06/2002-)

Print Report An Error

Removal and Installation

Special Tool(s)

Installer, Differential Bearing

205-062

Installer, Input Shaft Seal

307-210 (17-041)

General Equipment

Soft faced hammerWooden block

Removal

CAUTION: The brake drum and hub assembly removal in this procedure is for installing a new wheel bearing, not for access to brake system components.

All vehicles

Remove the dust cap.

Remove the wheel and tire.

For additional information, refer to: Wheel and Tire (204-04 Wheels and Tires, Removal and Installation).

Vehicles with rear drum brakes

Release the parking brake.

Remove the brake drum and hub assembly.

Remove and discard the wheel hub retaining nut.

Vehicles with rear disc brakes

Remove the brake disc.

For additional information, refer to in this section.

Remove the wheel hub.

Remove and discard the wheel hub retaining nut.

All vehicles

Remove and discard the wheel speed sensor ring (brake disc shown).

Remove the circlip (brake disc shown).

Using the special tool, remove and discard the wheel bearing (brake disc shown).

Installation

All vehicles

CAUTION: Support the wheel hub assembly on the wheel mounting face and not on the wheel nut studs.

Using the special tool, install the new wheel bearing (brake disc shown).

Install the circlip (brake disc shown).

CAUTIONS:

Make sure the wheel speed sensor ring is not knocked, damaged and kept free from metal fragments.

Protect the face of the wheel speed sensor ring with a non-ferrous flat block to prevent damage.

Make sure the wheel hub or brake drum is adequately supported and do not allow it to rest on the wheel studs..

Make sure the wheel speed sensor ring is pressed on slowly and squarely until fully seated.

Do not exceed a maximum load of 10 kN.

Using the special tool, install a new wheel speed sensor ring (brake disc shown).

Vehicles with rear drum brakes

CAUTIONS:

Avoid impact on the wheel speed sensor ring.

Make sure the wheel speed sensor ring is clean.

Avoid any contact between the wheel speed sensor ring and a magnetic surface.

Rotate the wheel hub assembly 10 times counter-clockwise when tightening the wheel hub retaining nut to prevent damage to the wheel bearing.

NOTE: Install a new wheel hub retaining nut.

Install the brake drum and hub assembly.

Apply the parking brake.

Vehicles with rear disc brakes

CAUTIONS:

Avoid impact on the wheel speed sensor ring.

Make sure the wheel speed sensor ring is clean.

Avoid any contact between the wheel speed sensor ring and a magnetic surface.

Rotate the wheel hub assembly 10 times counter-clockwise when tightening the wheel hub retaining nut to prevent damage to the wheel bearing.

NOTE: Install a new wheel hub retaining nut.

Install the wheel hub retaining nut.

Install the brake disc.

For additional information, refer to in this section.

All vehicles

Install the wheel and tire.

For additional information, refer to: Wheel and Tire (204-04 Wheels and Tires, Removal and Installation).

NOTE: If the dust cap is damaged a new dust cap must be installed.

Using a soft faced hammer and a wooden block, install the dust cap.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club