Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Change Fuel Filter On Focus

bigbirchy

i posted other day bout focus losin power if under quarter tank ive changed air filter and at present problem seems to have gone (fingers crossed) anyway ive bought a fuel filter as was advised changed that aswell can someone give me a few pointers as to where to locate it and how to go bout changing it many thanks

in my 2006 1.8tdci, the fuel filter is located in the engine bay, on the right to the plastic cover as you look at it, under a metal plate. remove nuts from metal plate and move out the way. disconnect the electrical supply on the top. disconnect the two pipes...some diesel will spill out here...not much though. now the plastic cylinder can come out.

once out twist the top off and you will find the filter. replace the rubber seal carefully as you wont be able to start the car as air will get into the fuel supply and loose pressure if not done...i learned this (check my sig link regarding fuel filter). replace fuel filter...just twists off and on iirc.

put the lid back on tight...align the two arrows. and reverse instructions above...start car...it may stall after 10 secs, but after a few cranks it should start. its a self bleeding system.

a top tip is to have some diesel in spare jerry can to fill the filter housing...just incase you need it to help bleed the system.

thanks for advice but mines a petrol 1.8 lx suppose i should bhave said was petrol thanks again

ah right, being petrol i would suspect the filter to be located inline or in the tank. your best bet is to get a haynes for a few quid or borrow from the local library.

• 3 weeks later...

The fuel filter is right in front of the tank at the back of car driver side.

There is a small bracket that holds the filter in place with a 7 or 8mm bolt in the bracket,

Take this bolt out and remove half of the bracket, There is a pipe connection on either side of the filter, remove these two connections then the filter. Before you remove the filter make sure and take note of what direction the arrow is pointing on the fuel filter as if the filter is put on the wrong way around the petrol will not get through the filter properly and therefore probably wont start to well.

• 4 weeks later...

Out of all the cars I have owned this is a crap setup on a modern car I changed the fuel filter today and I had the same issues I think this should not happen .i was told to book it in to fords

I filled the fuel filter up put it back on the car and towed it for about a mile and it sorted the issue out I think there should be an pump fitted to help the fuel through this setup is so useless

My car runs perfect again thanks to others on the forum saying to tow it this saved me about £40 thanks people for posting this . :D :D :D :D :D :

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club