Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With 6000Cd Stereo

Lenny

Has anyone connected the footwell lights loom to the interior light in the car for power reasons?

If yes have you disconnected the footwell lights cable leading to the Gem?

I’ve recently installed footwell lights in the car and I was connecting the cable to the centre light, shorted the connection and blew the fuse in the trial stage,

So i had to remove the blue connector on the fuse box to get at the correct fuse to replace it,

as my car is under wraps I can only access the rear door with ease so last night I went out to get a picture of the footwells I unlocked the car and opened the rear door behind the driver only then took the picture, on close examination of the picture I noticed that the radio didn’t display anything.

I’m worried now that I may have damaged something as I have spliced in to the loom for the footwell lights and connected this to the centre light in the front roof of the car,

however I didn’t cut the cable for the footwell lights leading to the gem, i just spliced in to the loom with power from the centre light.

I didn’t see it necessary to cut the cable from the gem as the gem is not currently sending power to the footwell loom as it is, and I figured if it ever did send power the worst to happen is the bulbs would blow or a fuse,

I’m worried now this may be effecting the stereo .

Can anyone help on this Please ?:unsure:

Perticuraly if you yourself have retro wired the footwell led's or if your stereo needs a code, have you experienced anything like i am now.

Image1112.jpg

Lenny

Pull the stereo you should have 2 feeds when radio is turned on maybe the 1 power feed has blown the fuse.

I would snip the wires leading to the footwells from the GEM just incase.

manual shows pin 13 black/orange leading from the GEM and fuse's F112 and F108 and fuse's F3 and F11 in engine bay

manual shows pin 13 black/orange leading from the GEM and fuse's F112 and F108 and fuse's F3 and F11 in engine bay

WoW didnt expect that mate,

ill have to snip the connection to the gem so..

the next question is where to snip it, all the cables run togeather and i dont want to snip and stop a link to the drivers side footwell light,

i need to snip around two inches from the fuse box and tape up both ends,

hope i havent damaged the gem,

also the stereo switches on when you press it, just doesnt display anything when i open the door :unsure:

I would snip the wires just before where you made your connection to the footwells , rather than go near the fuse box incase the wires change colour as they seem to do in the haynes manual

I would snip the wires just before where you made your connection to the footwells , rather than go near the fuse box incase the wires change colour as they seem to do in the haynes manual

i joined in to the footwell loom two inches back from the passenger side bulb socket, after that it joins a tiewraped roll of around thirty different cables just behind the glovebox lol i dont know if that load is going over to the driver side or where,

ill have to trace it further and see whats going where.

Let us know how you get on m8

going out to the car first thing in the morning, i was hoping to get at it today but with the clock gone back an hour its dark at 5pm and its been raining all evening, dont want to get the car wet under the cover,

Im going to disconnect the stock loom for the footwells then tape up the ends with insulating tape,

use the cable i have run from the roof light to power the passenger footwell light,

then splice in to that line with a new cable running to the driver side footwell light unit.

then i can be 100% sure the power is only feeding to the footwell lights and nowhere else.

its safe at the momment as the power doesnt flow unless i open the doors or unlock the car so it can wait in safety untill tomorrow morning.

ill keep you posted mate. thanks for all your help B)

I got out to the car yesterday morning, disconnected the power from the loom to the footwell lights, also disconnected the footwell light sockets from the loom, taped up all loose connections and run a new cable from the centre light to both footwell lights only,

So I’m 100% confident that the power being fed is only leading to the footwell lights, no other fuse is blown and the stereo displays the date and time when i unlock the car and open the door as it should.

Thanks for all of the responses. B)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club