Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Is Veering Both Ways!

mathewmmr

I got my mk4 lowered 40mm on supersport springs and shocks around 6 months ago and ever since then when I take a left turn it then veers off to the left when trying to go straight and when I take a right turn it will veer to the right. So I took it to Skidmarques to get my camber, toe and caster alignment checked and it was all fine. They said its either the steering rack or the suspension kit ive put on and i dont think it can be the steering rack as the day i put the kit on it started veering. So could it be the springs?

Hi it possibly is the springs and could be tyres as well,what profile tyres have you got on.

Thanks for the tips guys, I have just gone to have a look and seen that when I spin the top of the strut you can hear the rubber top mounts squeaking and making allot of friction, probably against the top spring shoe? Maybe a spacer has been left out or something? or are they even meant to spin around and im pretty sure they arnt meant to stick out the top like that too!

All 4 stick out like this!

IMG_1212.jpg

And heres me spinning the struts around whilst the car is sitting still (Not jacked up)

th_IMG_1213.jpg

The garage that looked the car over never spotted that? I think you have discovered the fault! ;)

The garage that looked the car over never spotted that? I think you have discovered the fault! ;)

HAhaa i know! Wont be going there again! Im gonna take it all apart tomorrow and see what happening now that i know what im doing unlike when i got it lowered.

Best of luck mate... I'm no mechanic by any means, but even i know the strut isn't supposed to sit proud like that :huh: Those fella's that sorted out your geometry should be ashamed not to spot the real issue...

Ok mate thanks for the help! I always knew it wasnt right and i cant believe noone realised!

im fairly sure the yellow rubber bit and the red rubber bit should be on the underside? hence why you have that large gap. might be wrong

Yeah i have been told this by many people but it shows bother parts ontop on all of the tutorials i have looked at for lowering a fiesta :/

nah defintaley on the underside on my brothers focus, i cant see why it would be different from the fiesta

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club