Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Port Query (Part No 1426121)

TCGS

Hello.

So today I spent 2 hours in the traffic en route to a ford dealership (a trip that should take 30 mins) and I bought myself this.

So I fitted it with no problems, easy and quick job. Connected a cable to it and my phone and... well not much happened.

I got the sound, but it seems the connector at the end of the wire is, well, rubbish.

I get sound, clearly if the port is in the EXACTLY the correct position but other than that, either no sound or very muffled.

Any advice? Surly the product is "less than satisfactory quality" so I don't know if I should just take it back and get some knock off from eBay (I didnt' want to, thinking the genuine ford part would be better) or is there some special trick I'm missing?

Thanks

PS: Fiesta, 2007 6000CD stereo

It may be that the 3.5 lead you are using? to connect your phone is not pushing in far enough to make proper contact inside the aux plug.

Try wiggling the 3.5 about in the plug and see what happens.

If its a cheap lead from home bargains or poundland then this will always happen.

Look for a middle of the road priced lead on eBay or your local audio accesory shop that is what i did

Jamie

Hey thanks for the replies.

The lead I was using was of unknown quality, I found it in a draw lol.

I then went and bought a lead from Tesco, Belkin and I had the same problem. It works when I giggle it about at the port end but as said, at best it's poor quality sound :-(

There is nothing wrong at the phone end, I can plug it into my surround sound with no problems. Unfortunately that is 3.5mm to RCA so the lead is not compatible with the car radio

If nobody else has had this problem then I will just take it back to the dealer and get a replacement as there is clearly something wrong with it :-(

I've not had this problem with mine, nor did my boyfriend when he had his ST. Ours came factory fitted so i can't really help there with any problems.

I bought my lead from our local Autoparts and unfortunately it's not on their site so i couldn't tell you what make it was and my boyfriend left it in the ST when he sold it!

You could try this.. http://www.fordparts...58534_c_479.htm the one it states at the bottom of the adaptor kit or just double check over all the wiring just incase anythings come loose.

There is usually one of two things that goes wrong with the aux, either the face of the socket is too thick and stops the plug contacts from lining up properly or the back of the socket gets moved slightly when the 3.5 plug is pushed in.

I'd recommend you take the trim off and push the two parts of the socket together firmly and glue or tape them tight.

Hi there.

Yeah I was also thinking about buying the "official" wire, my tesco wire cost me £4.99 so paying £6.16 isn't exactly a huge price hike especially if it works.

I'm going back to the dealer this morning anyway and see what they say

I fitted one of these to my mk6. it turned out to be the socket you have to push it really hard together, the cable in the back, and the front compress it in your hand until it clicks. this may help other than i found they were not good.

better off with one of these far cheaper and do the same job.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUX-ADAPTOR-LEAD-FORD-6000CD-IPOD-MP3-TOOLS-/300541879333?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item45f9b12425#ht_3289wt_1037

I fitted one of these to my mk6. it turned out to be the socket you have to push it really hard together, the cable in the back, and the front compress it in your hand until it clicks. this may help other than i found they were not good.

better off with one of these far cheaper and do the same job.

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_3289wt_1037

I used one of those too and ran it out under my demister switch panel near the 12V socket.

Perfect placement for me as i plug the wire into a Griffin iPhone/iPod controller/charger.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club